Don't get a Samsung S8 Full Adhesive Tempered Glass till you see this video

jesskoh

Banned
Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Have you ever tried a Full Adhesive tempered glass before for Samsung S8? The curve portion does not stick well. The air strips will keep coming back.

HeroicLove

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Have you ever tried a Full Adhesive tempered glass before for Samsung S8? The curve portion does not stick well. The air strips will keep coming back.
What's a great solution then? I need to keep my screen protected without losing screen real estate.

jesskoh

Banned
Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Have you ever tried Whitestone? I think you can search on Amazon for it. It uses a liquid glue inside and will stick on perfectly providing application is done correctly. No touch sensitivity issues with that for me

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I just bought it and my advice is to pass on the Whitestone dome. I have several tiny dots or bubbles on top left and bottom left sides. Many seem to have the same issues with them.

Good luck with customer service. 45 bucks down the drain. Liquid went on awesome with no blemishes until about an hour later as it cured.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the new Zagg/InvisibleShield Glass Curve Elite? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e-elite-samsung-galaxy-s8-plus&token=aPbbXJpE

It purports to have adhesive all over to ensure coverage on the curves. I see only a few reviews and none mention if it works with cases.

Also interested in that Whitestone Dome but I am unsure as to how it can be removed if it does get damaged.

Anyone with comments on either or both?

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the new Zagg/InvisibleShield Glass Curve Elite? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e-elite-samsung-galaxy-s8-plus&token=RRF8by_S

It purports to have adhesive all over to ensure coverage on the curves. I see only a few reviews and none mention if it works with cases.

Also interested in that Whitestone Dome but I am unsure as to how it can be removed if it does get damaged.

Anyone with comments on either or both?
Read some comments on the zagg website. Only 4 reviews (3.3 stars). Looks like someone still having edge issues.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Read some comments on the zagg website. Only 4 reviews (3.3 stars). Looks like someone still having edge issues.

Yeah...I was hoping to hear a little more in depth regarding compatibility with cases. With similar ratings for the Whitestone, it seems to point at being an installation issue. At this point, I am toying with the idea of using a film protector. Or maybe a case that rises up enough around the curved edges to protect. Dont mind losing the swipe-in gesture.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The whitestone's adhesive becomes a thickened gel, like silicone sealant, so removal (even accidental) is pretty easy. The biggest problem is it is so big that most cases DO touch them. I finally ended up ditching my whitestone after 6 months because I could only use spiggans lightest protecting case, and even then I am almost sure a drop would not save it.

I still have a bottle of adhesive because the kit comes with 2, wondering if I can find a protector with real small slopes and use the glue on it.

spam

Nov 8, 2010
twitter.com

At least two of those four reviews appear to be about experiences that took place before the this new edition of this product came out, so I'm pretty confident they're reviewing the original InvisibleShield Glass Curve, not the Elite version.

Additionally, I've got a longtime trusted contact in the industry who is confident that most issues are caused by it not being installed quite perfectly. I've always either had him install my Glass or I visit the Zagg outpost at a local mall.

Now that the InvisibleShield Glass Curve Elite is back in stock on Zagg's website, I'm ordering it and I'll have in installed by a local Zagg rep (since I no longer live near that industry buddy of mine). I'll follow up after all of that.

Last edited:

raqivajo

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
At least two of those four reviews appear to be about experiences that took place before the this new edition of this product came out, so I'm pretty confident they're reviewing the original InvisibleShield Glass Curve, not the Elite version.

Additionally, I've got a longtime trusted contact in the industry who is confident that most issues are caused by it not being installed quite perfectly. I've always either had him install my Glass or I visit the Zagg outpost at a local mall.

Now that the InvisibleShield Glass Curve Elite is back in stock on Zagg's website, I'm ordering it and I'll have in installed by a local Zagg rep (since I no longer live near that industry buddy of mine). I'll follow up after all of that.
What is the difference between the Elite version and the original.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So I was able to remove my whitestone dome glass and even cleaned it up with some isopropyl alcohol so now I can re apply it with the second bottle should I ever want too.

I just installed a polyurethane skin from ArmorSuit and so far I am liking it. The orange peel effect is much much smaller so the surface appears and feels much smoother then most of the other regular polyurethane brands I have gotten. Only beef I had was the solution they include it too soapy, it takes longer to dry and the skin took forever before it was able to be touched without sliding around. This ment I was very limited on how much I could squeegee out the screen. Next time I will go back to my own soap bowl mix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs