Any battery case compatible with Samsung Pay?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Mophie or otherwise, plenty of reviews on Amazon none of which I was able to search and find to see if there are any Battery cases that work with Samsung Pay. I've been spoiled and use it at every opportunity, but after this hurricane, have quickly realized the benefit of having such a case. Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless the battery is too thin or not covering the phone's back (top/bottom, adding the obvious extra length), I'm afraid any case would be too much for the SPay signal to reach the terminal. That being said, I haven't tested any as these phones are too big already to add any more bulk. And, this might be just me, but if a 'hurricane' situation is what prompted this, I'd go with a slim battery pack that can charge your phone 3+ times (and fast, if you choose a QC2.0-compatible one) rather than a battery case that just adds a bit of extra juice in comparison.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I'd get a big battery pack (my own can charge my phone and tablet to full once each, with enough left for a 30% charge of the phone), than a smaller keychain type one for bringing everywhere.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought a somewhat thin battery case from Amazon for the S8+, should be here next week. I'll report back if it works with Samsung pay

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Unless the battery is too thin or not covering the phone's back (top/bottom, adding the obvious extra length), I'm afraid any case would be too much for the SPay signal to reach the terminal. That being said, I haven't tested any as these phones are too big already to add any more bulk. And, this might be just me, but if a 'hurricane' situation is what prompted this, I'd go with a slim battery pack that can charge your phone 3+ times (and fast, if you choose a QC2.0-compatible one) rather than a battery case that just adds a bit of extra juice in comparison.
It's more about mobility and convenience. The hurricane just added to my questioning the validity and compatibility

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I love Mophie... But I had the Battery Case on my S7 Edge and it worked great after I located the "sweet spot." Almost never an issue with any type of reader & Samsung Pay.
Now the Mophie Charge Force/Battery case on my S8+ was a different story. After 2 bad cases the 3rd replacement worked off and on for Samsung Pay. Most of the time did not work. I'm not sure why Mophie changed the design or if the S8+ design made it impossible to work with Samsung Pay. I love the Mophie magnetic phone stands and the car vent mount. I might just end up with a non-battery Mophie case (although never any color other than black) just to easily use their magnetic wireless charging system on my new Note 8. Those battery cases do make the phone larger and definitely heavier.
I have 2 Tiergrade 20,000 maH backup battery packs and they are not as convenient as a case but truly capable. I highly recommend those! Small enough for a backpack or small bag.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5973345

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I love Mophie... But I had the Battery Case on my S7 Edge and it worked great after I located the "sweet spot." Almost never an issue with any type of reader & Samsung Pay.
Now the Mophie Charge Force/Battery case on my S8+ was a different story. After 2 bad cases the 3rd replacement worked off and on for Samsung Pay. Most of the time did not work. I'm not sure why Mophie changed the design or if the S8+ design made it impossible to work with Samsung Pay. I love the Mophie magnetic phone stands and the car vent mount. I might just end up with a non-battery Mophie case (although never any color other than black) just to easily use their magnetic wireless charging system on my new Note 8. Those battery cases do make the phone larger and definitely heavier.
I have 2 Tiergrade 20,000 maH backup battery packs and they are not as convenient as a case but truly capable. I highly recommend those! Small enough for a backpack or small bag.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5975439
Thanks for the suggestion!