What tempered glass for S8 with Otterbox Defender?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Should I use Otterbox Alpha Glass, Zagg or maybe BodyGuardz Pure® Arc ES or something different. They all have really bad reviews (Alpha Glass: 1.9/5, Zagg: 2/5, Bodyguardz: 2.1/5). Alpha Glass has dot matrix and adhesive on edges only. Zagg I think is the same. But this Bodyguardz has no dot matrix and full adhesive and I would love full adhesive and no dot matrix. But Bodyguardz is expensive and has bad reviews (2 others also). People mention bubbles problem in Bodyguardz reviews and in installation video even Bodyguardz employee is unable to install this screen protector properly. He is unable to get rid of all the bubbles. He uses the card to get rid of the bubbles and reinstall the screen protector multiple times but and the end he was unable to get rid of the bubbles. So this was not good advertisement of this product. So I do not know which one should I buy. Bodyguardz would be great because of full adhesive and no dot matrix but has a problems mention above and is expensive and I'm not sure if it will work well with Otterbox Defender but I'm pretty sure it should. Alpha Glass has dot matrix and adhesive on the edges only (I don't like those two) but is officially supported and works well with Otterbox Defender. Some people mention touch sensitivity problems with Alpha Glass but I'm not sure about it because I watched video test and it seemed ok. I think Bodyguardz might have better sensitivity because of no dot matrix and full adhesive (making it sticking better to entire screen) but of course it has its drawback mentioned above. I do not know much about ZAGG. So I am very confused. Which one I should choose? Or maybe there is another screen protector which would be good with Otterbox Defender and has no dot matrix and full adhesive and it would have to be not a case friendly protector. Because case friendly protectors tend to cover less screen and I need screen protector that covers entire front panel because Otterbox Defender overlaps the screen protector. And it would be best if it would be good quality screen protector like JCPAL for iPhones (I had JCPAL screen protector for iPhone and it was good quality and then changed to another because JCPAL was not covering entire screen; the new one covered full screen, had full adhesive and probably no dot matrix, but was easliy scratched and fingerprints were visible and screen looked awful; on the JCPAL screen looked good, there were no scratches and no fingerprints visible; so something of similar quality would be good).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc