Post your S8 reviews here!

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up my S8 two days ago. Coming from a OnePlus 3T the differences I can tell after two days.

-The OnePlus is definitely snappier and smoother.
-Battery life is better optimized on the S8.
-Camera on the S8 makes the OnePlus's look like it came out of a Fisher-Price toy.
-Finger Print scanner on the OnePlus is miles ahead of the S8's. (I gave up on the S8's and went back to just using a pin).
-Screen quality, once again makes the OnePlus's look like a Fisher-Price toy.

Those are my observations in the last 48 hours.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my S8 two days ago. Coming from a OnePlus 3T the differences I can tell after two days.

-The OnePlus is definitely snappier and smoother.
-Battery life is better optimized on the S8.
-Camera on the S8 makes the OnePlus's look like it came out of a Fisher-Price toy.
-Finger Print scanner on the OnePlus is miles ahead of the S8's. (I gave up on the S8's and went back to just using a pin).
-Screen quality, once again makes the OnePlus's look like a Fisher-Price toy.

Those are my observations in the last 48 hours.
Hard to believe you don't like the finger print sensor on the S8 and where it is.
You can sit your phone up however you like it to be setup.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hard to believe you don't like the finger print sensor on the S8 and where it is.
You can sit your phone up however you like it to be setup.
I'm just used to the OnePlus fingerprint scanner ... Most of the time I have the phone laying down on my office desk and I just quickly unlock it from the front so the fingerprint scanner is somewhat useless here but I can really complain since it's the price to pay to have this beautiful screen.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Dont know how anything could be faster and easier than the finger print sensor on the back.
My OL hates change. She had a S7E.
When she got the S8+ she said its gonna take some time to get used to the finger print sensor.
Why did they change it.
Within 5 minutes she said, Dang you only need one hand to hold the phone to use the finger print sensor.
On the S7 you needed two.
Guess its what you get used to.

Gdfisher

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Are you the proud new owner of a Samsung Galaxy S8? OK - I realize as I type this, I'm a little early (the launch event is next week), but I can't help myself.

This forum is for all the S8 owners out there that want to share their own reviews. Post them here in a new thread to share your experience. What you like, what you don't like, include pictures, links, videos, anything at all to help illustrate your review.

Don't be shy, share with us and let us know your thoughts on the S8!

I am disappointed in some of the JIM to many clicks for simple actions. Sometimes I can't start a message without jumping to contacts first. The power on button is poorly placed opposite of other buttons that make it difficult to turn off. My phone has needed 16 soft restarts in my first month of ownership and I didn't install any software. I know there are a lot of good reviews on this phone but my HTC10 was much better.

manel rico

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Are you the proud new owner of a Samsung Galaxy S8? OK - I realize as I type this, I'm a little early (the launch event is next week), but I can't help myself.

This forum is for all the S8 owners out there that want to share their own reviews. Post them here in a new thread to share your experience. What you like, what you don't like, include pictures, links, videos, anything at all to help illustrate your review.

Don't be shy, share with us and let us know your thoughts on the S8!

I have the bought this for 2 month. i thought the glass is not easy to scrratches. but mine has lots of it.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I did not find the extraordinary feature in S8+, Yes The speed of the S8+ is fantastic.

Really
A different operating system. Which I really like.

No home Key of the front.
Giving you more screen area on the phone.

Its on the back and 5 times easier to operate.
And you unlock your phone with one hand.
Got a USB-C charging port.
Which charges the phone faster.

MY Wife even said.
How long is it gonna take me to get used to the finger print sensor on the back.
With in about 3 minutes she was saying , What a great Idea.
She had a S7E.
And said , man the S8+ is faster.
She has adapted to it super fast.
And no way does she want to go back to her S7+.

I like the setting menu better.

If it was not worth the money.
Sure you would loose some money.
But you could always put it up for sale if you are not happy with it.
And do you not have so many days before you can take it back ?

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
There is nothing I would like to change on my S8+. It is beyond beautiful, super fast and battery life is great. Fingerprint sensor at the back is genius, even with my tiny female hand it is very easy to operate and never fails. Absolutely love this device.

CrystalMak

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
up until i saw this site ive seen and heard of alot of negative. I can share a little bit of my experience. every phone I've had I also buy an OtterBox Defender Series since I'm in a construction field. the belt clip for this S8 had design flaws. I had my S8 for about 2 weeks maybe 3 and I was having a lot of problems setting it up since the the T-Mobile store I used I found out later was a franchise store which explains why they always sell me new things and never bother even looking at the issues with my other phones. to make a long story short the phone fell out of the belt clip 3 weeks old no lock screen since I was still sending it up at a Nascar event in Homestead Florida. as soon as I noticed it missing I backtracked a little bit but realized the third people in line behind me had my phone and we're gone when I came back. I guess the only not following was a big deal for them. send T-Mobile's customer service is the absolute worst the representative that decided to change my 15 year-old account that had no issues to a commercial account to make himself some money never put me as an authorized user on that account. it took 49 days to get a replacement phone 164 people transferred ignored treated me like a piece of garbage. and the owner of five businesses and these phones are my livelihood. I did not have time to set them up yet alone lose them and wait for a replacement. I tried buying a new phone at the same store the following Monday but they did not want to sell me a new phone nor would they help me with my account that had no authorized user. to make a long story longer I ended up reactivating my Galaxy S7 for about a week then got set up with T-Mobile close my account and went AT&T which gave me another galaxy S8 Plus another as 8 for free. same problems with these S8 I could not get them to work from my house or my office. AT&T tech support could not get the phone's working either so I had to cancel that account within one week. finally 260 fifth person I talk to you at T-Mobile wanted to business back of course and that one was willing to fix the issues caused by their customer service. so at this time they sold me buy one get one free S8 also. the first song that I tried setting up must have been a factory defect and a waste of my time. T-Mobile then sent me in S8 Plus to replace that one I am now 3 months into I lost count on how many S8 I've had but I cannot get the talk to text to do its job on 7 phones I think I've had working so far. do you have gone backwards on there talk to text both on Google Talk and Samsung talk. I've heard from other people with different Androids having the same problem. Maybe it's something across the board with the talk to text. so far this galaxy S8 has slowed down my business process I have to type out every single word sent it simply sabotages my conversation if I talk to text. my clients were responding with things like what language are you speaking or WTF are you saying. one client even received and I love you at the end since the conversation changes right before I hit the send button. my review so far is other than that talk to text I've had a lots of other issues but I believe just like I had to leave blackberry and go to touch screen I believe the Galaxy S8 is on to newer and better things it just takes a little getting used to. somebody however needs to fix the talk to text because I don't want to tell anymore of my clients that I love them or anything else that comes out for Construction based companies

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
up until i saw this site ive seen and heard of alot of negative. I can share a little bit of my experience. every phone I've had I also buy an OtterBox Defender Series since I'm in a construction field. the belt clip for this S8 had design flaws. I had my S8 for about 2 weeks maybe 3 and I was having a lot of problems setting it up since the the T-Mobile store I used I found out later was a franchise store which explains why they always sell me new things and never bother even looking at the issues with my other phones. to make a long story short the phone fell out of the belt clip 3 weeks old no lock screen since I was still sending it up at a Nascar event in Homestead Florida. as soon as I noticed it missing I backtracked a little bit but realized the third people in line behind me had my phone and we're gone when I came back. I guess the only not following was a big deal for them. send T-Mobile's customer service is the absolute worst the representative that decided to change my 15 year-old account that had no issues to a commercial account to make himself some money never put me as an authorized user on that account. it took 49 days to get a replacement phone 164 people transferred ignored treated me like a piece of garbage. and the owner of five businesses and these phones are my livelihood. I did not have time to set them up yet alone lose them and wait for a replacement. I tried buying a new phone at the same store the following Monday but they did not want to sell me a new phone nor would they help me with my account that had no authorized user. to make a long story longer I ended up reactivating my Galaxy S7 for about a week then got set up with T-Mobile close my account and went AT&T which gave me another galaxy S8 Plus another as 8 for free. same problems with these S8 I could not get them to work from my house or my office. AT&T tech support could not get the phone's working either so I had to cancel that account within one week. finally 260 fifth person I talk to you at T-Mobile wanted to business back of course and that one was willing to fix the issues caused by their customer service. so at this time they sold me buy one get one free S8 also. the first song that I tried setting up must have been a factory defect and a waste of my time. T-Mobile then sent me in S8 Plus to replace that one I am now 3 months into I lost count on how many S8 I've had but I cannot get the talk to text to do its job on 7 phones I think I've had working so far. do you have gone backwards on there talk to text both on Google Talk and Samsung talk. I've heard from other people with different Androids having the same problem. Maybe it's something across the board with the talk to text. so far this galaxy S8 has slowed down my business process I have to type out every single word sent it simply sabotages my conversation if I talk to text. my clients were responding with things like what language are you speaking or WTF are you saying. one client even received and I love you at the end since the conversation changes right before I hit the send button. my review so far is other than that talk to text I've had a lots of other issues but I believe just like I had to leave blackberry and go to touch screen I believe the Galaxy S8 is on to newer and better things it just takes a little getting used to. somebody however needs to fix the talk to text because I don't want to tell anymore of my clients that I love them or anything else that comes out for Construction based companies
It seems like you've had a hard time with this device I think. Your post was crazy hard to read as whatever your using to type had misspelled so many words I got a headache trying to figure it all out.

Did you end up getting squared away. I hope everything had been worked out.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The pros:

The screen resolution is very nice. The colors are awesome. The sharpest screen I've ever seen. Far ahead of anything else.
Very fast. Boots fast. Shuts down fast.
No matter how many apps you open, the phones just flies through all of them, even CPU intensive ones.
I've never seen a phone that fast.

Cons:
* The 18.5:9 ratio is stupid. Never got used to it after several months. It makes the phone seem smaller than the 5.7" Note that's 16:9. It also makes it far less usable all in all versus 16:9. There is nothing that scales to 18.5:9 well, I don't know what they were thinking.

* The built-in battery is stupid small. Needs to be far bigger. As my phone got older - now almost 6 months, it holds less charge. Drops from fully charged (4.3V) to half discharged by 2PM. Doesn't make it to the end of the day without a supplemental recharge.

* The above can be fixed with a ZeroLemon external 8500 mAh battery but it's only a partial fix as this makes the phone very long and kind of narrow. I really miss the 16:9 ratio of Note 4.

You really need a case for it an extended ZeroLemon as the phone by itself is very thin and very slippery. It's like holding a credit-card thick piece of ice. It just wants to jump out of your hands.

The curved screen is another pointless and aggravating innovation. I've accidentally engaged some apps on the edge, or removed it. I really don't understand what they were thinking when they came up with that stupidity and the 18.5:9 nonsense.

All in all I recommend this only at a huge discount, I wouldn't pay the retail price for it. I got it on a Black Friday sale for $460 combined with Verizon unlimited plan which I had anyway.

bmclachlan

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the misfortune of purchasing an unlocked Galaxy S8 phone from B&H Photo, New York City, online in July of 2017. The online advertisement mentioned it was an international variant compatible with us radios. That did not dawn on me what that meant when it comes to warranty.

So to prevent a similar misfortune of others, Samsung will not warranty an international variant S8 purchased in the US. This may not matter until, like me, the phone is dropped and the screen cracks and while within the one-year warranty, Samsung will not authorize any one of their certified repair centers to replace the screen. B&H Photo doesn't claim any responsibility as well. At least, to be transparent to the consumer, they should footnote what that term, International variant, means explicitly stating that the Samsung one year warranty will be void if this phone is purchased in the US.

By the way, I love the Galaxy S8 but now I am stuck with a phone with part of the screen cracked but at least at this point touch is still active.

Soul Less

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Okay, first let me say i have never wanted to buy this phone. I was opting to buy OnePlus 5T or J7 at that moment when i wanted to buy new phone. So naturally i went to a shopping mall to see what phones are available at that time, to touch them, feel them see how they're build, look, power etc.. you know the drill. Try before buy, right? There i see SAMSUNG part of the mall and i didn't even manage to fully enter through the door i saw through the window the most beautiful phone i have ever seen in my life. DAT CURVES! To the touch, it feels amazing. PEERLESS! I had few phones in my hand before S8+, tried iPhone X (just for the sake of trying), tried many android flagships, BUT none of those comes even close to the feel of what they achieved at samsung with mah babe S8+! This is the best phone by far. I have never been that proud of spending money on something that was that expensive, had my doubts at first cuz a lot of money, but i have it like 8 months now and it works like a charm. SuperSLOWMO kills phones made TODAY! Camera quality is still amongst the top ones! Number one display! Cool features unique to SAMSUNG GALAXY phones! All in all i can say i am really proud for having this phone! Worth every penny i paid for it! Cmon, tell me can any phone deliver better MOVIE experience than an GALAXY flag?! Love it! Thanks SAMSUNG.