Checked it out at sams, it was kool
    04-02-2017 06:08 PM
    Checked it out at sams, it was kool
    I agree. pictures only tell half the story. Seeing/holding them in person is amazing. I can't wait for them to start shipping.
    04-03-2017 06:32 PM
    i saw a pre retail model yesterday. it was amazing
    04-05-2017 12:42 AM
    I agree with you, he's just amazing
    04-14-2017 04:50 AM
    I got some time with one at Sams Club last week, I have been a Note guy, but I like it (pre-ordered the 8+)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    04-17-2017 03:43 PM
    Just got my AT&T GS8 a little over twelve hours ago. It's pretty snappy and smooth. Still going through all of the settings but I really like my GS8 so far.
    04-21-2017 07:03 AM
    Been playing with my 8+, Orchid Gray, since 10:00 this morning. It's now 7:30 pm. At least it's the same day. Getting it work with my Gear s2 was hard. I had to do a factory reset on my watch, so now I have to set all that up again, too. It's a little heavier than my Edge 7, and has that same satisfying feel in your hand. My grandson can't keep his hands off it. The USB-C is cool because it doesn't matter which side up you insert, it works, like the Lightning cable. I know I have 50% chance of putting the micro-USB's in correctly the first time, but for me, it's about 75% the wrong way. I like more memory and I am having problems with the SD card, but it wasn't working right on my Edge, either. It took me awhile to figure out how to do the speed launch on the camera (double press the power button--let me save you some time here).

I've been reading through the threads of the settings that should be made right away (Smart Stay, finger gestures, etc.). It might be my imagination, but it doesn't seem like there's as much bloatware. Trying to get my emails on there wasn't immediate. I had to remove the accounts and put them on again. Not a big deal. I only have a few accounts to worry about.

Battery life seems okay so far, and will probably be better once I stop messing with it. I have wireless chargers all over the place and tend to drop the phone on one while I'm running WAZE in my car.

When all of your apps have been copied over with Smart Switch, check what came over carefully. My memo program (form the Play Store) didn't make it over and it had stuff on there that I really needed. My bad. Don't be me. And don't assume everything will come over. The Verizon lady said it would; it didn't. And she did hand me the phone to check, but shoot, I would looking for the app button and it wasn't there and I didn't investigate further. Yeah, swipe the home screen to see the rest of the apps. And I set the hard press to open my phone. Iris scanner is fun, but in weird light, sunny, reflective light, I'm not having much luck. User error, probably.

The phone doesn't look very purple, more grey. A pretty grey, to be sure. I did put a tempered glass screen on it for now. They have improved them so much over what was available for the Edge7. But, I don't like the dots you see in the light and the reduced sensitivity of the screen. It's not bad, but I'm super picky about that stuff. I have a clear Speck case on it for now.

I'm happy with it. My s7Edge wasn't playing nice with Nougat and was getting so hot while charging, pink wavy lines all over it, etc. Shouldn't have been having those problems after a year with an expensive device, but the nuclear options weren't working. I have the upgrade every year deal, so I do.

I'm not a technical person, so I'm sorry I can't give you data speeds, specs, actual battery numbers, etc. It's fast, smooth, beautiful to look at, and I'm thinking that the screen will be a more novel experience for non-Edge users. I'm used to the curved screen and can't imagine going back to a flat-edged, framed screen.
    04-21-2017 10:48 PM
    Been playing with my 8+, Orchid Gray, since 10:00 this morning. It's now 7:30 pm. At least it's the same day. Getting it work with my Gear s2 was hard. I had to do a factory reset on my watch, so now I have to set all that up again, too. It's a little heavier than my Edge 7, and has that same satisfying feel in your hand. My grandson can't keep his hands off it. The USB-C is cool because it doesn't matter which side up you insert, it works, like the Lightning cable. I know I have 50% chance of putting the micro-USB's in correctly the first time, but for me, it's about 75% the wrong way. I like more memory and I am having problems with the SD card, but it wasn't working right on my Edge, either. It took me awhile to figure out how to do the speed launch on the camera (double press the power button--let me save you some time here).

I've been reading through the threads of the settings that should be made right away (Smart Stay, finger gestures, etc.). It might be my imagination, but it doesn't seem like there's as much bloatware. Trying to get my emails on there wasn't immediate. I had to remove the accounts and put them on again. Not a big deal. I only have a few accounts to worry about.

Battery life seems okay so far, and will probably be better once I stop messing with it. I have wireless chargers all over the place and tend to drop the phone on one while I'm running WAZE in my car.

When all of your apps have been copied over with Smart Switch, check what came over carefully. My memo program (form the Play Store) didn't make it over and it had stuff on there that I really needed. My bad. Don't be me. And don't assume everything will come over. The Verizon lady said it would; it didn't. And she did hand me the phone to check, but shoot, I would looking for the app button and it wasn't there and I didn't investigate further. Yeah, swipe the home screen to see the rest of the apps. And I set the hard press to open my phone. Iris scanner is fun, but in weird light, sunny, reflective light, I'm not having much luck. User error, probably.

The phone doesn't look very purple, more grey. A pretty grey, to be sure. I did put a tempered glass screen on it for now. They have improved them so much over what was available for the Edge7. But, I don't like the dots you see in the light and the reduced sensitivity of the screen. It's not bad, but I'm super picky about that stuff. I have a clear Speck case on it for now.

I'm happy with it. My s7Edge wasn't playing nice with Nougat and was getting so hot while charging, pink wavy lines all over it, etc. Shouldn't have been having those problems after a year with an expensive device, but the nuclear options weren't working. I have the upgrade every year deal, so I do.

I'm not a technical person, so I'm sorry I can't give you data speeds, specs, actual battery numbers, etc. It's fast, smooth, beautiful to look at, and I'm thinking that the screen will be a more novel experience for non-Edge users. I'm used to the curved screen and can't imagine going back to a flat-edged, framed screen.
    Agreed with everything you said. Dropped my phone few days ago thank God for that screen protector. It actually pooped off the screen lol. Luckily only the screen protector was cracked and phone is 100%. Plus dropped it on the edge so can definitely say those bodyglove screen protectors are handy .
    04-28-2017 04:17 AM
    The Samsung Galaxy S8 is an upscale device. I don’t know any other way to describe it. From the moment you see it, you know you’re dealing with something that is next level. The last Samsung device I used was the S2. Since then I’ve used two HTC phones and the gawd awful iPhone 6. I upgraded last week to the S7 but returned it because it was too hot and got the S8. It was the right decision. The S7 doesn’t heat up, not even while fast charging. It is beyond gorgeous and does everything I need a phone to do and more. The internet does it no justice, none at all. I actually ordered the S7 and not the S8 because I thought the S8 was ugly online. You must see this phone in person and when it is taken out the box and turned on. It is truly a visual masterpiece.

FYI: Here is the most comprehensive video ever on using the S8-
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    04-29-2017 08:18 PM
    Man...picked up one today....might just have to sell my iPhone 7 Plus and go back to Samsung, again :-D Love this thing so far!!!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-08-2017 03:22 PM