Unable to send or receive MMS or group texts while WiFi is enabled

thoml67

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Myself and a co worker are unable to send any MMS/picture message or group text message while WiFi is enabled. When WiFi is turned off, they work. Everything else works perfectly with WiFi enabled. I have worked with Tmo support for over 2 hours with no fix. We have tried changing the APN protocols, reboot, SIM update, WiFi calling enabled/disabled even went into developer mode and forced mobile data to stay enabled while on WiFi and nothing works. Samsung said it's a carrier issue. Anyone else seeing this?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had this issue with every android phone I had in the last 5 years. it's an android thing, not just a Samsung thing. Android is terrible for MMS. I want the S8 bad, but texting is the reason I have a iPhone 7+ right now.
Android can't handle sms/mms very well.
I had this issue on AT&T AND Verizon, going from AT&T to AT&T or VZW to VZW, and also going to and from AT&T / VZW.
it's Android. Just have to put up with it or get an iPhone... great choices...

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yep and if it's a group MMS with iPhones involved, it's a pain.

How is the signal in your work building (you stated you and a co-worker so I'm assuming this is at work??)?.

Also are you using the stock texting app? Have you tried Android Messages or Textra?

thoml67

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Nexus 6 on Project Fi and never had an issue on mobile or Wifi. I have tested with my co worker and at home and so has he. Mobile data service is excellent in the office. I am using the stock Android messaging app, same that I was using on the Nexus 6.

Rob hoy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Myself and a co worker are unable to send any MMS/picture message or group text message while WiFi is enabled. When WiFi is turned off, they work. Everything else works perfectly with WiFi enabled. I have worked with Tmo support for over 2 hours with no fix. We have tried changing the APN protocols, reboot, SIM update, WiFi calling enabled/disabled even went into developer mode and forced mobile data to stay enabled while on WiFi and nothing works. Samsung said it's a carrier issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38