09-22-2017 12:33 PM
105 ... 345
tools
    Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry you are disappointed with your new device.
    From the S7 up, they are increasingly complicated devices, they far surpass the earlier models in performance and complexity.
    You have jumped from a VW to a Ferrari, it's a huge learning curve for you, coming from the S5! I never recommend newcomers to Android to buy these phones for this reason.
    I would get someone to help you with the set up and go through the device with you. These are the best phones in the market today, be patient...
    I'm coming from S5 and had no problem setting up and using S8+, it really is not that different as you make it out to be (63 and female)...
    Tim1954 likes this.
    09-07-2017 04:40 AM
    Welcome.

What vehicle do you have? There may be an update from the dealer to fix the connection.

Also, apps never transfer to a new device. They have to be re-downloaded each time. Annoying, but true.

Mav.
    I wiped my S6 recently and the play store downloaded all my apps for me, I think.
    09-11-2017 07:03 PM
    I dont care...its a lot better than all the phones Ive had in the past with minimal bugs which can be easily be solved by watching videos o a forum like this one
    09-13-2017 07:56 PM
    I just upgraded from s5 and an EXTREMELY.DISAPPOINTED.... 1. Because of the "BLUETOOTH version 5", i cant pair with car stereo.... I hate that no apps are transferred, just data... I hate the screen, pretty much evdrything..

UNLESS I READ about a complete miracle with the design etc I am going back-to my Galaxy S5
    My wife & I just came from S6 Edge+. Got them at Best Buy. Guy installed and ran Side Sync and it transferred ALL from the old phone to the new, including wallpaper, apps, folders and data. Smoothest upgrade ever for us. Sorry you had a bad experience.
    09-22-2017 12:14 PM
    I'm coming from S5 and had no problem setting up and using S8+, it really is not that different as you make it out to be (63 and female)...

There is nothing wrong with the S8 or the S8+
    The phone has a different operating system than what you have been using.
    You can take your phone to the Dealer you have.
    Verizon, At&T or whom ever and they can help you with you problems that you can't figure out.
    But I would bet,
    There is nothing wrong with the phone.
    I am 67 yrs old and had phones for over 12 yrs.
    The problem lies in your probably flustrated and need help from a person that has been trained in the phone and operating system.

Good luck with your heart ache.
    09-22-2017 12:33 PM
105 ... 345