I hate this phone rate 0

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry you are disappointed with your new device.
From the S7 up, they are increasingly complicated devices, they far surpass the earlier models in performance and complexity.
You have jumped from a VW to a Ferrari, it's a huge learning curve for you, coming from the S5! I never recommend newcomers to Android to buy these phones for this reason.
I would get someone to help you with the set up and go through the device with you. These are the best phones in the market today, be patient...

I'm coming from S5 and had no problem setting up and using S8+, it really is not that different as you make it out to be (63 and female)...

Troy0619

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I dont care...its a lot better than all the phones Ive had in the past with minimal bugs which can be easily be solved by watching videos o a forum like this one

robmidi

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I just upgraded from s5 and an EXTREMELY.DISAPPOINTED.... 1. Because of the "BLUETOOTH version 5", i cant pair with car stereo.... I hate that no apps are transferred, just data... I hate the screen, pretty much evdrything..

UNLESS I READ about a complete miracle with the design etc I am going back-to my Galaxy S5
My wife & I just came from S6 Edge+. Got them at Best Buy. Guy installed and ran Side Sync and it transferred ALL from the old phone to the new, including wallpaper, apps, folders and data. Smoothest upgrade ever for us. Sorry you had a bad experience.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from S5 and had no problem setting up and using S8+, it really is not that different as you make it out to be (63 and female)...

There is nothing wrong with the S8 or the S8+
The phone has a different operating system than what you have been using.
You can take your phone to the Dealer you have.
Verizon, At&T or whom ever and they can help you with you problems that you can't figure out.
But I would bet,
There is nothing wrong with the phone.
I am 67 yrs old and had phones for over 12 yrs.
The problem lies in your probably flustrated and need help from a person that has been trained in the phone and operating system.

Good luck with your heart ache.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
the s5 was the worst galaxy phone I had being that it looks and feels cheap, for one, and two, the battery life was horrible and it lagged like crazy. I am loving my S8+ best Galaxy phone I've had a part from the S7 Edge. Besides, the screen on the S8 is a million times better than the S5, but it's all dependent on user preference. If you don't like something, that's fine. No reason to knock down something that pretty much the majority of this forum likes lol

But, have fun with the S5. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine lol

I rather liked the S5. Hang onto yours OP. No need to upgrade if it still works. Still very usable today in a pinch.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I rather liked the S5. Hang onto yours OP. No need to upgrade if it still works. Still very usable today in a pinch.
S5 was a nice phone.
My wife got mine after I bought the S6 and so on.

I bought a rubber bumper with metal wrap to go around mine.
Had a removable battery to top that.

I think a lot of people thinks a phone is like a piece of jewelery.
The phones used to be real usable.
But with everybody not happy with what Samsung produced.
We lost the removable battery.
Which a whole lot of people would like to have back today.
But Samsung has said the day of the removable battery is gone.
We got a water resistant phone for like 30 minutes with the S6.
And even better with the S7 & S8
Samsung was the 1st people I remember to offer a Phone that was no longer a 16 GB phone.
So you had a 32 GB phone so you could do updates without taking stuff off to do a update.
Samsung was the 1st people to have a phone with no home button on the screen.
Three things that Apple has Copied.

My S5, S7 S7 Note 5 Note 7 and my S8 I have liked.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

I liked it, the only thing I didn't like though is the severe lag especially when text messaging (I would literally have to wait up to a minute for my text to show up as I type it and as it's sending which would take a while, too) and the battery drainage would be far too much compared to how it was on the S7E. It was a good phone except for the lag and the small internal memory which didn't do me any good either. I'm passing mine onto a friend who still uses the s3 and says she can't afford to get a new phone as of yet, so I told her I will give it to her. She will put it to better use than for it having been in a drawer for the past 3+ years.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I liked it, the only thing I didn't like though is the severe lag especially when text messaging (I would literally have to wait up to a minute for my text to show up as I type it and as it's sending which would take a while, too) and the battery drainage would be far too much compared to how it was on the S7E. It was a good phone except for the lag and the small internal memory which didn't do me any good either. I'm passing mine onto a friend who still uses the s3 and says she can't afford to get a new phone as of yet, so I told her I will give it to her. She will put it to better use than for it having been in a drawer for the past 3+ years.

I also like to give my unused phones to someone in need. That's nice of you and good Karma as well.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded from s5 and an EXTREMELY.DISAPPOINTED.... 1. Because of the "BLUETOOTH version 5", i cant pair with car stereo.... I hate that no apps are transferred, just data... I hate the screen, pretty much evdrything..

UNLESS I READ about a complete miracle with the design etc I am going back-to my Galaxy S5

first, get a car.
bluetooth 5.0 pairs with any car, as long as it has bluetooth.
You have to register your phone with you cars system first.
When I first got my note 8, the first time, it wouldn't pair, the system should ask you do you want to delete a phone, and then ask you to add a phone.
nephews S8 paired no problem.
c'mon, you rocking and older system aren't you. No bluetooth, huh?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad