Will rooting produce better audio?

Tl2eVol2

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
Im always listening to headphones at home with a galaxy S8 Plus ..i do not own any type of amp or dac but with poweramp and frostwire i can acheive tolerable quality audio/clean hard bass in my opinion 10 times better then my old spotify or tidal whitch i use now every few days instead of spotify because of the much better audio and new release metal tracks. HOWEVER ...my question is....if I root my s8 + can I get better sound quality from my phone??? Or is it just like every EQ we try with the same mehh effect? I want to root just to try this Viper program. Is it really that good? Or will the phone still only produce the quality of audio the "sound card" was made to produce? Any advice,comments, opinions, or burns/haten would be greatly appretiated. Thanks. •••Trevor

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of root access to give better sound. Root access is typically needed for making admin level changes to the OS. It is possible, though, in case Samsung has a software limitation on the audio hardware itself, but for some reason, I doubt that.

Some caveats:
1. Rooting voids any warranty you may still have.
2. Rooting can lead to a bricked device (very rare, as long as you follow all directions for you exact device model).
3. Root blocks OTA updates.
4. Samsung has been trying to block root access for quite some time. Depending on your carrier, it may be impossible. The last I knew there were still some bounties on Verizon and AT&T Samsung devices as far back as the 7.