Bootloop persists even after flashing the ROM.

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
I am completely new to this and sorry if I have duplicated another thread...

I have the s8+ (SM-G955f) purchased in the UK via Vodafone.

The battery died some weeks ago and I've had no money to be able to buy a replacement until now. I did try to use it now and again, but it last no more than a minute, but what did seem to happen is what is referred to as the boot loop saga.

I have followed other threads for instructions and downloaded Odin v.3.13 along with the varoius files (BL,AP,CP,CSC) from a zip file (G955FXXU9DTF1_G955FOVF9DTF1_VOD.zip) I was doing this late last night and do no remember which website I got it from, it took sooo long to download.

I am now at the point where I have connected the phone via USB and I have run the program and the status went to green, said 'pass' and the phone rebooted, however it is back to the black screen with "Samsung Galaxy S8+" ...... and sometimes keeps rebooting, other times, just stays there and now occassionally goes to the blue screen with the android robot and says installing, but does nothing..

Where do I go from here? would it be that I have used the wrong firmware? I have never done this stuff before and have no clue, but am desperate to have a working phone as I have no money to replace it

Any advice, very welcome

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
Yes, I managed to get into the safe mode of the phone and performed a cache clear first time, then when that didn't work, I treid the factory reset

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I manahed to get into the safe mode of the phone and performed a cache clear first time, then when that didn't work, I treid the factory reset
Ok
Try getting the firmware from either one if these
Samfirm or Frija you will need to download from xda forums dont trust other sites and latest version and put your model number and region and flash again

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
I have already done this and maybe is the issue.... How do I know which Firmware to download, there are so many variants... I used samfirm as my source

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
I am in Australia now, but the phone was purchased in the UK and the carrier was Vodafone... even with those filters, there are still many different zip's available

Samsung S8+ (SM-G955F)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am in Australia now, but the phone was purchased in the UK and the carrier was Vodafone... even with those filters, there are still many different zip's available

Samsung S8+ (SM-G955F)
Ok you got the model number , but very important so your carrier service works is the region code.

Example :
United Kingdom some are =BTU

American region
Tmobile =TMB
Verizon =VZW

This very important

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
understood, this is why I chose the .zip file that I did as per my original post.

but after using Odin and the download function on the phone, it is still looping?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
understood, this is why I chose the .zip file that I did as per my original post.

but after using Odin and the download function on the phone, it is still looping?
I dont trust any zip files other the sammobile, samfirm, frija if it was from another source reflash using the method I mentioned.

Who did the battery replacement?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even if you flashed from wrong region it should boot up , download zip from other sources can cause this bootloop

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
As already mentioned, the source of the .zip was from samfirm.

I did the battery replacement myself

Just find it strange as the phone reacts to the download and Odin confirms a pass, but the problem remains

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As already mentioned, so the source of the .zip was from samfirm.

I did the battery replacement myself
Ok just want make sure , because you mentioned it took forever , its usually 5 to 10 minutes to download from them.

After you put the battery , you flashed or later on you did this ?

henners27

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
Actually, sorry, I apologise. The source was sammobile and took about 4 hours.

I put the new battery, and the cover, left it to charge for a couple of hours.

The flash was performed this morning (about 6 hours ago)

The phone just turned on and went into safe mode and I managed to take the following image.. does this mean anything?
IMG_6384.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6384.JPG
    IMG_6384.JPG
    727.3 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually, sorry, I apologise. The source was sammobile and took about 4 hours.

I put the new battery, and the cover, left it to charge for a couple of hours.

The flash was performed this morning (about 6 hours ago)

The phone just turned on and went into safe mode and I managed to take the following image.. does this mean anything?
View attachment 323058
It didn't download firmware correctly, reflash with either samfirm or frija tool