Screen touch issue

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
Ive had my s8 for 2.5 yrs. Lately I've noticed that if I swipe my finger about 1/4" above the screen over the apps I can feel a clicking vibration is this normal?, it doesn't do it all the time. Now I do have slight cracking on the back curved area next to the bixby button. I've had an Otterbox on my phone since I've had it, recently took it off, that's how I noticed the issue. I'm looking at an upgrade shortly.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it's going to be hard to say without a bit more information.

Is the clicking like the haptic feedback is letting you know you've touched something or is it a physical click that could be caused when the two pieces either side of the crack rub together?

Do you hold the phone differently when you swipe this part of the screen? If the two pieces are rubbing together it could have everything to do with how you're holding the phone. For instance, if you're getting the click only when you hold the phone with one hand and are applying pressure to hold and steady the device while trying to use your thumb to swipe down or if you're holding the phone and swiping with two hands, perhaps you're pressing hard enough to leverage the top back causing the two pieces to rub past each other creating the click. Either of these would likely not be noticeable in a case as the case would supply some support against allowing the pieces to rub past each other or dampen the occurrence to something imperceptible.