Verizon Galaxy S8 Galaxy S8 running hot and scrolling is getting pretty laggy

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I am just curious if anyone else is experiencing over heating and poor screen scrolling experience (lots of lagging) with their S8. I seriously doubt there is anything wrong resulting from physical damage as the phone has been well cared for. I also replaced the battery at YBIF about 15 months ago and it got a clean bill of health.

I am kind of dismayed by this. I imagine an FDR may correct the overheating. I am not doing anything with the phone other than Spotify, email, text, using facebook, reading mainstream news apps and tech blogs like Android Central. I don't play games nor stream long videos.

One would imagine that a 3 year old phone should be able to handle this as well as it did on day one. It doesn't say much for the Android platform if performance deteriorates this quickly because of OS issues -- I of course am NOT on the latest version of Android since Samsung only provided 2 updates.

I am leaning towards taking advantage of Samsung's generous trade in allowance, as I can get a brand new S10 for $500. NO WAY I would even be considering this if not for Samsung's recent announcement of a 3rd year of Android updates.

Part of me really wants to switch back to IOS, because there is NO QUESTION Apple supports their phones longer than any Android manufacturer. However, I will probably get the S10 as I can't get an Apple phone of that quality for $500 as I would want 128GB of storage.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
clearing the cache seemed to the trick. the screen of course still lags, but that is just because for whatever reason Google, component manufacturers, and device manufacturers just can't ever seem to figure out how to mimic IOS lag free scrolling. Oh well, for $500 after trade in a brand new S10 with 2 more Android updates coming is too good of a deal to pass up..

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I also have a 3 year old s8. My battery dies pretty fast which I assume is because its 3 years old. It has started to temporarily freeze while scrolling websites sometimes. Maybe I'll try clearing cache again. I did a Factory reset about 6 months ago. My main reason for posting is about your s10 deal. Just a FYI last year cyber Monday and black Friday had crazy deals on s10s. It might be worth waiting to see if they do the same this year with the s 20s. That's what I'm going to do.