Hey there

Just advice really. I've head my Samsung S8 for three years without smashing the screen up until I smashed it just in the lower left corner.
    I've been quoted ยฃ209 by Samsung to replace the screen and add a new battery for free

Is it even worth spending that kind of money for an old phone or should I just spend it on a Samsung mid-price phone?

I love this phone but it's pretty old now.

Advice please ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    gendo667 likes this.
    09-12-2020 10:55 AM
    Hi, I would use that money towards something newer.
    gendo667 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-12-2020 11:31 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

Without knowing what you're willing to spend, the Galaxy S10 would be a great fit. Same ecosystem and a bit of and upgrade. I went from the S8 to the S10. It's what I'm using to make this post. It's a great device.
    Hey there

Just advice really. I've head my Samsung S8 for three years without smashing the screen up until I smashed it just in the lower left corner.
    I've been quoted ยฃ209 by Samsung to replace the screen and add a new battery for free

Is it even worth spending that kind of money for an old phone or should I just spend it on a Samsung mid-price phone?

I love this phone but it's pretty old now.

Advice please
    09-12-2020 11:36 AM
    I concur. The S10 series is affordable and only 18 months old technology and it will be updated to Android 12. It gets all the features of the newer devices. I just got OneUI 2.5 with camera enhancements, wireless Dex and lice captions. It is fast and reliable. I absolutely love my phone. I was not a Samsung fan from the S3 that caused me issues but I am all in with my S10+. No issues at all.

Just a thought.
    gendo667 and Tech Idiot like this.
    09-12-2020 02:44 PM