Camera is in use by another application and will close.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So the other day, I was using the camera on my S8. It was working fine. Ever since I got this phone about 2 years ago, ever so often, an error popped up and says camera has a fatal error then shuts down. Usually you just force closes the camera app and go right back into and you're fine. Now it's saying that another app is using it. I am not able to use anything that uses the camera. I have restarted my phone I have cleared the phone's cache, I have deleted all apps that I don't use or have downloaded within the past 6 months. I simulated a battery pull. I reset some settings and nothing seems to be working. Also, in safe mode, the camera does the same thing. Any ideas or help would be nice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check the Permissions section of the system settings and see what apps have Camera permission. Then try turning off permission for the ones that aren't important to you, and see if the problem persists.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So, there was a security update to the S8 this past week. After it was finished, the camera app started working again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21