Call volume...when listening to someone during a call...

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Speakerphone works great, bluetooth through my car works great...but when I hold the phone to my ear, the call volume just isn't great. I set it as high as it goes. Are there any other settings which I can change that might improve this? Thanks in advance!

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi, have you tried raising the volume once again while in call sometimes it can adjust more ?

Yes, I've done that, using both the button(s) and the slide bar...and I do it virtually every call, LOL.

I've looked around at various settings, but I have no idea what they are. Is anyone aware of any specific settings I can turn on, turn off, etc.? Thanks again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I've done that, using both the button(s) and the slide bar...and I do it virtually every call, LOL.

I've looked around at various settings, but I have no idea what they are. Is anyone aware of any specific settings I can turn on, turn off, etc.? Thanks again.
Do you have a toggle for Dolby Atmos?

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Do you have a toggle for Dolby Atmos?

I did a search in settings and nothing came up, but I looked all over anyway, and yes, I have a toggle for this...but it is "grayed out" and I can't access/turn on-off. Thanks!

Make sure the earpiece speaker opening isn't clogged by debris like lint.

Please tell me I don't have to take the phone apart for this?!?!? LOL. I did use a compressed air can on it, but it seemed like a waste of time. Other than shooting it with compressed air, is there anything else to do? Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did a search in settings and nothing came up, but I looked all over anyway, and yes, I have a toggle for this...but it is "grayed out" and I can't access/turn on-off. Thanks!

Please tell me I don't have to take the phone apart for this?!?!? LOL. I did use a compressed air can on it, but it seemed like a waste of time. Other than shooting it with compressed air, is there anything else to do? Thanks!
Greyed out ..hmmm
You try safe mode ?
You use samsung sound assistant?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

On second thought, that's probably not the cause. I looked at an image of the earpiece speaker opening for the S8, and it doesn't look like it be at risk for getting clogged up, since it's a line about an inch long. If it were a small circular opening, that would make it more likely.

Here are the steps for Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s8/safe-mode-samsung-galaxy-s8

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Greyed out ..hmmm
You try safe mode ?
You use samsung sound assistant?

Safe mode? You mean boot up in safe mode? Uggh...is that really going to be safe for someone like me to do? So boot up in safe mode, get to the Dolby Atmos screen and see if I can turn it on then?

I don't know what sound assistant is, so my guess would be no, I am not using it. Thanks.

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
On second thought, that's probably not the cause. I looked at an image of the earpiece speaker opening for the S8, and it doesn't look like it be at risk for getting clogged up, since it's a line about an inch long. If it were a small circular opening, that would make it more likely.

Here are the steps for Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s8/safe-mode-samsung-galaxy-s8

Yes, on my S8 PLUS...it's a straight line/small channel, very thin, with a mesh grill. I've blown it out with compressed air, but that doesn't seem to do anything. You would have to think after time and time again put the phone to your ear...it is going to get dirty, clogged, etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Safe mode? You mean boot up in safe mode? Uggh...is that really going to be safe for someone like me to do? So boot up in safe mode, get to the Dolby Atmos screen and see if I can turn it on then?

I don't know what sound assistant is, so my guess would be no, I am not using it. Thanks.
Yeah , to get into safe mode long press power button then on the screen it will say power off long press that then tap safe mode , to exit out any time just restart the phone, yeah I want see if you can toggle Dolby tin that mode and also check the volume whole your in It.

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Bad idea - that can blow the lint further into the opening. Don't do that in the future. Ise a bright light, a magnifying glass and a pointer wooden toothpick.

Uggh! OK, thanks. Sorry I did that. However, I can't use a toothpick -- maybe a super small pointed one or something like that -- the holes are way too small, and there's tons of them, LOL. I guess I could use a pin. Thanks again!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton