im the owner of the phone have box and receipt to prove it,. did a factory reset because phone was actig messed up.i had deleeted email because thought it was compromised.i bought i`t from best buy there no help and my carrier is verizon they said go to google . its there lock and they have no control over it, its seems anyone i ask tells me to go somewere else and they cant help. so any help would be appreciated thanks
    02-11-2021 10:14 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!

We don't discuss how to bypass security , unfortunately we can't verify your the owner so thread will be closed.
    02-11-2021 10:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's unclear what you mean by "deleted email." If you did a factory reset through the phone's Recovery Menu (and not the usual Settings>Backup & Reset menu), that would be considered an unauthorized reset, and would therefore trigger Factory Reset Protection. The phone would require the user to enter the Google account and password associated with the phone to proceed after the reset attempt. So if you completely deleted that Google account (and I mean from the cloud, not just from the phone, like this: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en), that effectively renders the phone useless.

If, on the other hand, you did a conventional factory reset through the Settings>Backup & Reset menu, that would've properly removed the Google account associated with the phone, and then you could have set the phone up as if it were brand new with a different account.

BTW, the S8+ is over 3 years old, so there'd be absolutely no expectation for Best Buy, Verizon, Samsung, or Google to help.
    02-11-2021 12:30 PM