Locked Samsung Galaxy 8

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was charging my phone and when I took it off the wireless charger, I can't turn my phone on or off. The touch screen doesn't activate nor the right hand button. I wish I had an older phone where I could do a battery pull. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If that doesn't do anything, then also try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down together for about 30 seconds.

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Holding the power button with or without the down volume button for 30 seconds worked. The notification light continues to pulse blue. When I plug in the phone to charge, it doesn't react. Any other recommendations (other than getting a new phone)?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Holding the power button with or without the down volume button for 30 seconds worked. The notification light continues to pulse blue. When I plug in the phone to charge, it doesn't react. Any other recommendations (other than getting a new phone)?
See if you can get into recovery or download mode , download mode is volume down /power button same time.

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Samsung and they recommended a service center to take a look at it. They told me that there's a hardware issue and it's time to upgrade to a new phone!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I contacted Samsung and they recommended a service center to take a look at it. They told me that there's a hardware issue and it's time to upgrade to a new phone!
They recommend you take it to their service center but telling its hardware and get a new phone, Over the phone?