AT&T Galaxy S8 Can't text certain numbers

ilandis619

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
My messages app crashes when I try to text certain numbers. Seen the problem with 2 numbers so far and I was able to text them fine at first then out of no where the app would crash and the message would fail every time I try. Other numbers work just fine. Phone is a Galaxy s8+ edge. Already tried restarting, clearing old messages, and refreshing SMSC. App still crashes and won't send the text.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There was never an official S8+ edge phone -- are you certain that's the name? Or is it just Galaxy S8+? This is important to know, because if it claims to be an S8+ edge, then I'd be concerned that the phone is a fake/clone.

Do you get an error message when the app crashes?

ilandis619

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
You are correct, checked the back and it's a Galaxy S8+. It has a curved screen edge so I was mistaken on the model. Definitely not a fake/clone phone as I got it from a authorized retailer. Nothing sketchy.

And there isn't always a message when it crashes and when it does it simply says "messages stopped working".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache/data for the Messages app in Settings>Apps, then force stop it. This shouldn't affect any saved messages, since those are saved in a different system app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the Samsung Messages app? If so, try Google Messages instead. Textra is another 3rd party SMS app to try as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol