Any way to restore deleted text messages?

Bash_Man

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
hey everyone,
Happy new year. Is there a safe way to restore text messages on a Galaxy S8 that's using the google messages app for texting?

A family member accidently deleted 2 very important text messages and we wanted to restore if there was a way to restore them.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try going back to stock Samsung message app possible it didn't delete there , if it did the only chance is under settings>account and backup >restire just select messages hopefully it was oart of the back up before it got deleted

Bash_Man

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Try going back to stock Samsung message app possible it didn't delete there , if it did the only chance is under settings>account and backup >restire just select messages hopefully it was oart of the back up before it got deleted

Thank you. I'll get them to check on the same messages.

I tried to look on my phone (pixel 5) in the backup section and there doesn't seem to be a way to restore anything from there. am I missing something?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I'll get them to check on the same messages.

I tried to look on my phone (pixel 5) in the backup section and there doesn't seem to be a way to restore anything from there. am I missing something?
On pixel its backkup With google drive , so it would get restired if you set up the phone again if it was vacked up before the delete happened which u could check the time it was last back up , but try what i mentioned

Bash_Man

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
On pixel its backkup With google drive , so it would get restired if you set up the phone again if it was vacked up before the delete happened which u could check the time it was last back up , but try what i mentioned

Thank you. I'll check into what you mentioned and see how it goes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure, check the Archived section to see if they archived the texts, rather than deleting them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch