12-28-2016 03:23 AM
78 1234
tools
    To paraphrase Oprah:

You get a distorted screen, and he gets a distorted screen, and she gets a distorted screen, EVERYONE gets a distorted screen!

Seriously, I can't stand how it wraps what should be normal viewing space onto the edge screen.
    I really like it, actually. Can't wait to see how they refine it on the S8. I heard VERY few complaints about the Note 7's screen. In fact, most people didn't want to give up their phone. That says alot.
    11-12-2016 10:42 AM
    I'd be so so interested in the large above 6" size especially if it's using the amoled screen from previous Samsung phones!!

WANT!!!
    Orion78 likes this.
    11-12-2016 11:17 AM
    I might be interested in a big screen without any bezels. I like big screen devices, but I don't like devices with big bezels.
    Orion78 likes this.
    11-12-2016 11:21 AM
    I'm very excited to see what Samsung has in store for 2017 especially for the 6.2 S8 Edge+!!!

Everyone they've had a bad 2016 so I'd like to think that they'll be looking to hit a home run with their flagships next year. I better start saving haaaaa!!
    Orion78 and amyf27 like this.
    11-13-2016 06:09 AM
    I would love to see an almost bezel-less device.
    11-13-2016 06:37 AM
    Google Daydream just released requirements stating that the screen size has to be below 6". Is this going to disqualify the 6.2" bezeless S8?
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm a firm believer of smartphone with a 5" inch display. Maybe 5.2 if the bezels are small. Once we reach the 6" inch mark it becomes really hard to hold.

I hope this isn't true and Samsung stick to their normal 5.2" inch type phones.
    11-13-2016 09:22 AM
    Not a true Note successor without s pen and functionality, IMO.
    Agreed, the S-pen is the selling point of the Note Line. Imagine the came out with the "Galaxy Note 7 2nd Edition" lol

All jokes aside, I'm quite interested to see what the bring out next. Definitely have some damage control to do and regain the confidence of their customers.
    11-13-2016 09:26 AM
    I'm very excited to see what Samsung has in store for 2017 especially for the 6.2 S8 Edge+!!!

Everyone they've had a bad 2016 so I'd like to think that they'll be looking to hit a home run with their flagships next year. I better start saving haaaaa!!
    I totally agree on that. For the first time I may be interested in getting a Samsung device. I need a huge screen and 6.2 would be epic! The pixels are too small for my tastes so I kept my Nexus 6. No way I'm going to anything smaller.
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-13-2016 12:06 PM
    11-13-2016 09:23 PM
    3 coil wireless charging setup sounds legit, the rest of it basically doesn't. The key is the idea that they're working on features that they want to add. That idea is false by default. This device has been "done" for awhile now. Is some of it possible? Sure. Likely? Mostly not.
    11-13-2016 09:36 PM
    I totally agree on that. For the first time I may be interested in getting a Samsung device. I need a huge screen and 6.2 would be epic! The pixels are too small for my tastes so I kept my Nexus 6. No way I'm going to anything smaller.
    The nexus 6 is a great device and I loved the size as well.
    Orion78 likes this.
    11-14-2016 04:01 AM
    Most definitely! Best phone I've had to date.
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-14-2016 04:52 AM
    Oops double post.
    11-14-2016 04:52 AM
    Ditching the home button is the most exciting thing from this announcement to me There were many seemed-credible-at-the-time that they were planning to lose the home button, reversed button configuration and move to stock android on screen buttons on the Note 5 - and when that didn't happen and it didn't happen on the S7 it appeared that whomever was spearheading their fix-the-design to modern standards initiative had been sacked.
    I can't stand on screen buttons.
    11-14-2016 05:54 AM
    I really like it, actually. Can't wait to see how they refine it on the S8. I heard VERY few complaints about the Note 7's screen. In fact, most people didn't want to give up their phone. That says alot.
    It seems the general consensus is the N7's screen wasn't bad from a useability standpoint, but the S7E was pretty bad. My wife has the S7E and yeah, we can't even hand it back and forth without either inadvertently activating something due to the edge or handling it like a sneeze would make it shatter.

If they made the edges strictly secondary in terms of viewing and using then for special functions (kind of like how the LG V series implements the secondary screen), that would be good. From using both her N7 and S7E, I just can't get over that wrap around effect when viewing images and video full screen. It's like an old CRT monitor that's going out. Lol
    11-14-2016 07:22 AM
    As a pre-order Note 7 customer who never received one due to the Recall Farce I can outright state I am still a happy, content user of my now over 2 years old Note 4.
    I was extremely upset at never getting a Note 7, but my point is, with all the other options being spouted out on these forums, iPhone 7, Pixel, V20, Mate 9 Porsche, Xiaomi Mi Note 2, S7 Edge I am so SOO happy I held off.

Why?

Because the rumors of the new Galaxy S8, and even Note 8, are just too exciting, and to all those who rushed in to a new 24 month locked in contract they may end up wishing they waited. I was so close to doing so with the S7 Edge, but kept telling myself, be patient!

The main points pushing me to sign a new contract were twofold, I have £50 Store Credit with Carphone Warehouse and the resale value of my current Note 4 is STILL very much of significance.

Who else is happy they waited and are excited about the new S8?
    11-14-2016 10:15 AM
    i want to see about the mate9 on sprint still debating on the v20 and seeing if i could get any semi current phone cheap online
    11-14-2016 10:41 AM
    I think the S9 will be even better than the S8. You may want to hold off for that instead.
    11-14-2016 10:42 AM
    I was a pre-order as well but returned and went to the Pixel XL. Enjoying it so far -- I give you props for using a Note 4. There is no way I could do that . Either way though doesn't matter -- we both can get the next Note (or whatever other phones) comes out in the future .. Regardless if we upgraded or not .
    11-14-2016 10:56 AM
    There will always be a better " latest and greatest" in our lives especially with phones haaaaa!!

The folks on AC and the forums are probably the kind who would flip to a new phone yearly if not more...... though not everyone can or will do this but a lot of us does.

A short few weeks after getting my V20 to replace my Note 7 I saw the Mate 9 and said "wow I should've waited??" Now seeing the news of the S8 I probably would had said the same thing if I got the Mate 9??

I'm sure when and if I get the S8 Edge +....... and the news for the next "Note whatever" comes out I'd be intrigued by that too?? When does it end haaaaa??

For now I'm happy with what I'm using and will decide if it's worth it for me to keep it or get the next best thing but we are all different??
    11-14-2016 11:14 AM
    You're very lucky to not have actually held the Note 7 in your hands!!! If you did, you'd probably never feel the same about your Note 4. If I'd never held the Note 7, I'd be completely comfortable with my Note 3 right now but I'm not. So for now, iPhone 6 until the next Sammy
    Cary Quinn and athenatp like this.
    11-14-2016 11:30 AM
    My note 4 will hold me off until the Note 8. I want to see what the S8 offers but I want my S-pen.
    11-14-2016 02:58 PM
    So far I'm glad I have waited (still have my replacement Note 7). I am either going to pick up an S7 Edge (c'mon blue coral!) on Black Friday and keep that until the Note 8 comes out, or I'll keep the Note 7 until the S8 comes out and that will be my 2 year phone.
    11-14-2016 03:10 PM
    Eh, I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs on the note 8. Next year I'll buy the note 8 cheaper on pre black Friday sales. Learned my lesson on getting phones on launch day on the note 7,I'll wait and let you guys be the guinea pigs
    11-14-2016 10:11 PM
    It seems the general consensus is the N7's screen wasn't bad from a useability standpoint, but the S7E was pretty bad. My wife has the S7E and yeah, we can't even hand it back and forth without either inadvertently activating something due to the edge or handling it like a sneeze would make it shatter.

If they made the edges strictly secondary in terms of viewing and using then for special functions (kind of like how the LG V series implements the secondary screen), that would be good. From using both her N7 and S7E, I just can't get over that wrap around effect when viewing images and video full screen. It's like an old CRT monitor that's going out. Lol
    I think what Samsung did right with the Note 7, is making the Edge completely flush with the design of the phone. With the S8's bezel less design, this will work even better because the edge won't actually be a Edge at all. Rather the entire phone will be flush from top to bottom, with the edges functioning even moreso as bezel- less sides.
    11-15-2016 04:27 PM
78 1234