Samsung Galaxy S8 leaks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 successor in the news :)

...what we have seen consistently reported was Samsung’s decision to*fully embrace its dual-edge panels*and make them*standard on high-end device.

To paraphrase Oprah:

You get a distorted screen, and he gets a distorted screen, and she gets a distorted screen, EVERYONE gets a distorted screen!

Seriously, I can't stand how it wraps what should be normal viewing space onto the edge screen.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S8 Two sizes - 5.7 and 6.2? *rumor*

Google Daydream just released requirements stating that the screen size has to be below 6". Is this going to disqualify the 6.2" bezeless S8?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Why would Samsung suddenly switch from the Gear VR and Oculus to use Google Daydream?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

The dimensions of the S8 aren't going to change. Just the screen size due to removing the bezels. This is going to be a stunning device!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
To paraphrase Oprah:

You get a distorted screen, and he gets a distorted screen, and she gets a distorted screen, EVERYONE gets a distorted screen!

Seriously, I can't stand how it wraps what should be normal viewing space onto the edge screen.

I really like it, actually. Can't wait to see how they refine it on the S8. I heard VERY few complaints about the Note 7's screen. In fact, most people didn't want to give up their phone. That says alot.

Last edited:

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I'd be so so interested in the large above 6" size especially if it's using the amoled screen from previous Samsung phones!!

WANT!!!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I might be interested in a big screen without any bezels. I like big screen devices, but I don't like devices with big bezels.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I'm very excited to see what Samsung has in store for 2017 especially for the 6.2 S8 Edge+!!!

Everyone they've had a bad 2016 so I'd like to think that they'll be looking to hit a home run with their flagships next year. I better start saving haaaaa!!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Google Daydream just released requirements stating that the screen size has to be below 6". Is this going to disqualify the 6.2" bezeless S8?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm a firm believer of smartphone with a 5" inch display. Maybe 5.2 if the bezels are small. Once we reach the 6" inch mark it becomes really hard to hold.

I hope this isn't true and Samsung stick to their normal 5.2" inch type phones.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 successor in the news :)

Not a true Note successor without s pen and functionality, IMO.

Agreed, the S-pen is the selling point of the Note Line. Imagine the came out with the "Galaxy Note 7 2nd Edition" lol

All jokes aside, I'm quite interested to see what the bring out next. Definitely have some damage control to do and regain the confidence of their customers.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm very excited to see what Samsung has in store for 2017 especially for the 6.2 S8 Edge+!!!

Everyone they've had a bad 2016 so I'd like to think that they'll be looking to hit a home run with their flagships next year. I better start saving haaaaa!!

I totally agree on that. For the first time I may be interested in getting a Samsung device. I need a huge screen and 6.2 would be epic! The pixels are too small for my tastes so I kept my Nexus 6. No way I'm going to anything smaller.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
3 coil wireless charging setup sounds legit, the rest of it basically doesn't. The key is the idea that they're working on features that they want to add. That idea is false by default. This device has been "done" for awhile now. Is some of it possible? Sure. Likely? Mostly not.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I totally agree on that. For the first time I may be interested in getting a Samsung device. I need a huge screen and 6.2 would be epic! The pixels are too small for my tastes so I kept my Nexus 6. No way I'm going to anything smaller.
The nexus 6 is a great device and I loved the size as well.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Ditching the home button is the most exciting thing from this announcement to me :p There were many seemed-credible-at-the-time that they were planning to lose the home button, reversed button configuration and move to stock android on screen buttons on the Note 5 - and when that didn't happen and it didn't happen on the S7 it appeared that whomever was spearheading their fix-the-design to modern standards initiative had been sacked.

I can't stand on screen buttons.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I really like it, actually. Can't wait to see how they refine it on the S8. I heard VERY few complaints about the Note 7's screen. In fact, most people didn't want to give up their phone. That says alot.
It seems the general consensus is the N7's screen wasn't bad from a useability standpoint, but the S7E was pretty bad. My wife has the S7E and yeah, we can't even hand it back and forth without either inadvertently activating something due to the edge or handling it like a sneeze would make it shatter.

If they made the edges strictly secondary in terms of viewing and using then for special functions (kind of like how the LG V series implements the secondary screen), that would be good. From using both her N7 and S7E, I just can't get over that wrap around effect when viewing images and video full screen. It's like an old CRT monitor that's going out. Lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty