Samsung Galaxy S8 leaks

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Glad you held off and waited? Waiting for S8 or Note 8?

As a pre-order Note 7 customer who never received one due to the Recall Farce I can outright state I am still a happy, content user of my now over 2 years old Note 4.
I was extremely upset at never getting a Note 7, but my point is, with all the other options being spouted out on these forums, iPhone 7, Pixel, V20, Mate 9 Porsche, Xiaomi Mi Note 2, S7 Edge I am so SOO happy I held off.

Why?

Because the rumors of the new Galaxy S8, and even Note 8, are just too exciting, and to all those who rushed in to a new 24 month locked in contract they may end up wishing they waited. I was so close to doing so with the S7 Edge, but kept telling myself, be patient!

The main points pushing me to sign a new contract were twofold, I have £50 Store Credit with Carphone Warehouse and the resale value of my current Note 4 is STILL very much of significance.

Who else is happy they waited and are excited about the new S8?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Glad you held off and waited? Waiting for S8 or Note 8?

i want to see about the mate9 on sprint still debating on the v20 and seeing if i could get any semi current phone cheap online

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

I think the S9 will be even better than the S8. You may want to hold off for that instead.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I was a pre-order as well but returned and went to the Pixel XL. Enjoying it so far -- I give you props for using a Note 4. There is no way I could do that :). Either way though doesn't matter -- we both can get the next Note (or whatever other phones) comes out in the future .. Regardless if we upgraded or not :).

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

There will always be a better " latest and greatest" in our lives especially with phones haaaaa!!

The folks on AC and the forums are probably the kind who would flip to a new phone yearly if not more...... though not everyone can or will do this but a lot of us does.

A short few weeks after getting my V20 to replace my Note 7 I saw the Mate 9 and said "wow I should've waited??" Now seeing the news of the S8 I probably would had said the same thing if I got the Mate 9??

I'm sure when and if I get the S8 Edge +....... and the news for the next "Note whatever" comes out I'd be intrigued by that too?? When does it end haaaaa??

For now I'm happy with what I'm using and will decide if it's worth it for me to keep it or get the next best thing but we are all different??
e5b6003502d996b7db16a07be1d90eed.gif

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

You're very lucky to not have actually held the Note 7 in your hands!!! If you did, you'd probably never feel the same about your Note 4. If I'd never held the Note 7, I'd be completely comfortable with my Note 3 right now but I'm not. So for now, iPhone 6 until the next Sammy

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

My note 4 will hold me off until the Note 8. I want to see what the S8 offers but I want my S-pen.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

So far I'm glad I have waited (still have my replacement Note 7). I am either going to pick up an S7 Edge (c'mon blue coral!) on Black Friday and keep that until the Note 8 comes out, or I'll keep the Note 7 until the S8 comes out and that will be my 2 year phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Eh, I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs on the note 8. Next year I'll buy the note 8 cheaper on pre black Friday sales. Learned my lesson on getting phones on launch day on the note 7,I'll wait and let you guys be the guinea pigs

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It seems the general consensus is the N7's screen wasn't bad from a useability standpoint, but the S7E was pretty bad. My wife has the S7E and yeah, we can't even hand it back and forth without either inadvertently activating something due to the edge or handling it like a sneeze would make it shatter.

If they made the edges strictly secondary in terms of viewing and using then for special functions (kind of like how the LG V series implements the secondary screen), that would be good. From using both her N7 and S7E, I just can't get over that wrap around effect when viewing images and video full screen. It's like an old CRT monitor that's going out. Lol

I think what Samsung did right with the Note 7, is making the Edge completely flush with the design of the phone. With the S8's bezel less design, this will work even better because the edge won't actually be a Edge at all. Rather the entire phone will be flush from top to bottom, with the edges functioning even moreso as bezel- less sides.

Last edited:

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

You're very lucky to not have actually held the Note 7 in your hands!!! If you did, you'd probably never feel the same about your Note 4. If I'd never held the Note 7, I'd be completely comfortable with my Note 3 right now but I'm not. So for now, iPhone 6 until the next Sammy
I actually went back to my N3 after the N7 and just couldn't take the reception issue in my home any longer (N3 was horrid but the N7 was amazing). In the end I bought a V20 just because I wanted a new piece of hardware and didn't want to wait for another year as I've already waited since the N3 debut.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I actually went back to my N3 after the N7 and just couldn't take the reception issue in my home any longer (N3 was horrid but the N7 was amazing). In the end I bought a V20 just because I wanted a new piece of hardware and didn't want to wait for another year as I've already waited since the N3 debut.
Now that you mention it...why can't Samsung put better radios in their flagship phones. My Note7 and S7E always loses signal in a certain area. Maybe it's just T-mobile. But, I have a feeling if I had an iPhone, I would probably still have a signal.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm in exactly the same boat. Do u find lte reception better in v20?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm in exactly the same boat. Do u find lte reception better in v20?
Gotta say it's a huge step forward with LTE reception. With the N3 at my parents home I was lucky to get two bars of 3G. With the V20 I get 2 bars of 4G do yeah I'd say it's a big step forward. I'm happy with the V so far

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Now that you mention it...why can't Samsung put better radios in their flagship phones. My Note7 and S7E always loses signal in a certain area. Maybe it's just T-mobile. But, I have a feeling if I had an iPhone, I would probably still have a signal.
My wife has a iPhone 7+ or whatever it is and her reception has been better than my Sammy but not as good as my LG v20 for some odd reason

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

My wife has a iPhone 7+ or whatever it is and her reception has been better than my Sammy but not as good as my LG v20 for some odd reason
Yeah. Just not sure what's holding back Samsung from getting a premium radio in their handsets. Probably the biggest gripe I have against them. Motos and iPhones have always had better reception on any network.

jonty12

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems the general consensus is the N7's screen wasn't bad from a useability standpoint, but the S7E was pretty bad. My wife has the S7E and yeah, we can't even hand it back and forth without either inadvertently activating something due to the edge or handling it like a sneeze would make it shatter.

If they made the edges strictly secondary in terms of viewing and using then for special functions (kind of like how the LG V series implements the secondary screen), that would be good. From using both her N7 and S7E, I just can't get over that wrap around effect when viewing images and video full screen. It's like an old CRT monitor that's going out. Lol

This^ The inadvertent actions drive me crazy. Like the phone. Like the concept of the edges, hate the implementation on the S7E.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S8′s intelligent assistant might be called Bixby

I don't like the curved edges at all. They distort the image and result in inadvertent touches.

rhayat21

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I think the S8 will be huge technological improvement over the S7. Samsung is really trying hard to mitigate its Note 7 misadventure. There will be some serious improvements in the S8, like the Artificial Intelligence, Optical Fingerprint sensor (that will be integrated under the display), Dual rear cameras capable of recording 4K videos with modern DSLR-like camera effects, an 8 MP selfie shooter, etc. Check out the news below:

Galaxy S8 – Rumors, Specs and the Release Date - Digital Evolution

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the S8 will be huge technological improvement over the S7. Samsung is really trying hard to mitigate its Note 7 misadventure. There will be some serious improvements in the S8, like the Artificial Intelligence, Optical Fingerprint sensor (that will be integrated under the display), Dual rear cameras capable of recording 4K videos with modern DSLR-like camera effects, an 8 MP selfie shooter, etc. Check out the news below:

Galaxy S8 – Rumors, Specs and the Release Date - Digital Evolution
That article is from a month ago. The rumor mill has been churning since then. That article also doesn't point out anything specific that we don't already know. I thought Samsung was talking about a huge upgrade in the camera department months ago for 2017. I can't find this articles now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc