Are you going to get the S8?

cmucodemonkey

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Probably not. I have been sitting on my S5 for a while and it is still trucking along. I'm skeptical about trying to play music and charge from the same USB port, so I might just go to an S7 after prices drop with the introduction of the S8.

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Planning to get it. But will probably wait a month or so after it launches to see if it becomes a ticking time bomb.... :)

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Planning to get it. But will probably wait a month or so after it launches to see if it becomes a ticking time bomb.... :)
I feel the same way about waiting but I know myself. Once pre-orders are available I'll be clicking that "submitt" button that first day haaaaa?!?!

Can't wait!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line is I need to know more about s8 but with no miracast nor hdmi support no way. I would miss ir blaster too.

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I considered it, but hearing about the 4k screen the Note will have and being big on VR, I'll wait for the Note. That plus everything else they will pack into the Note will make it too good to pass up for me. Seeing the supposed leaked pics that show the S8 might look just like the Edge 7, think I'll pass.

I've read the Edge 7 ended up selling better than the S7. From the recent pics going around of the S8, it looks like the Edge 7's twin. I wasn't a big fan of the Edge 7, screen had too much curve, the wrap around text and fish bowl effect with some content annoyed me. Hopefully they tweak the S8 just enough so those issues will be non favtors.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I considered it, but hearing about the 4k screen the Note will have and being big on VR, I'll wait for the Note. That plus everything else they will pack into the Note will make it too good to pass up for me. Seeing the supposed leaked pics that show the S8 might look just like the Edge 7, think I'll pass.

I've read the Edge 7 ended up selling better than the S7. From the recent pics going around of the S8, it looks like the Edge 7's twin. I wasn't a big fan of the Edge 7, screen had too much curve, the wrap around text and fish bowl effect with some content annoyed me. Hopefully they tweak the S8 just enough so those issues will be non favtors.

I was considering the S8 depending on the specs. But just like you said after hearing the supposed specs of the Note I am probably going to wait for that as I do miss my Note 5. It will also give me the chance to see what they do with the second generation Pixel.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was considering the S8 depending on the specs. But just like you said after hearing the supposed specs of the Note I am probably going to wait for that as I do miss my Note 5. It will also give me the chance to see what they do with the second generation Pixel.

Yup I'm thinking of just waiting for the N8 - will be interesting to see the Pixel v2.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Yup I'm thinking of just waiting for the N8 - will be interesting to see the Pixel v2.

I agree on seeing the Pixel V2 as I do love the idea of instant updates and the smooth experience. However I am also a sucker for technology and having the latest and greatest and when I am able to upgrade in May if the S8 looks appealing enough I may end up pulling the trigger. It's always hard for me to wait if there is something that is good enough that I want right then. I know there is always going to be something better but I have a hard time waiting. haha.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Been with the iPhone 7 Plus since October after giving back my note 7, I'm very excited and hyped to get the s8 don't give me wrong the iPhone is a device but I miss Samsung

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
No...The S7 is doing great. There's nothing a next gen phone will have that'll make me purchase one. I can actually see holding on to the S7 for 2 or more years.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Once them YouTube videos come out and pre-orders open up ummmmm you know you won't be able to resist haaaaa!!

Happens every year. Everyone is playing with their shiny new toy and posting screen shots and pictures, and I'm like, crap!

Then I go play with one at T-Mobile and it blows me away, and I'm like, crap!

And if this one has stereo speakers, 6+GB of RAM, 64-128GB of storage comes with a free Gear 3, I'm going to be like, crap!

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I would love to get the new S8 or S 8 Edge. I've been using the Galaxy J7 since I had to return my Note 7. The J7 is a sub-par mid range phone that is ok. I like the 5'5 size. I'm ready for the S8. My wife has the S7 and I'm jealous that she has a better phone than me for a change. I'm really wondering what kind of promotion they will do this time around. I already have 2 VR's and a 256gb card. This time they need to throw in a Gear S2 or S3 for a pre-order (T-Mobile). Any thoughts on a promotion this time around for pre-orders?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Really thinking about it. Then again, if I want Samsung I want the Note series. But I don't think I want to wait that long. Lol

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Really thinking about it. Then again, if I want Samsung I want the Note series. But I don't think I want to wait that long. Lol

I'm in the same boat. I had a Note 3, S5, and S6 edge. Note 3 was my favorite of that trio. I will consider the S8, but I really want the Note 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol