Are you going to get the S8?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I don't think it pays to jump to the S8 if you already have a high end phone regardless of brand. Ask yourself...What does the S8 do that you don't already have?

I still have payments to make on the V20, however I won't buy Samsung. I'm in the crowd that wants a HiRes DAC a removable battery, and I love the second screen so I'll stick with what I have until I see what a V30 brings to the table.

That answer will be different for everyone. In my case, I want the S8's larger screen with less bezel. I also find Sammy makes the best cameras in the business.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the S8 is bringing back "Air View"? If yes, hubby will be getting my S7 (without Air View) and I'll be upgrading :)

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, the price of the 7 Edge has dropped $100 in price on both the Samsung site and Verizon site. Plus you get a 128 GB memory card from Samsung.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
And yet we're all still here.

Yup...checking out the newest phones...I'd say this is the first year where the offerings haven't really given me features that are compelling enough to get on the new phone bandwagon. Truthfully MWC seemed like a dud and the industry is stuck in the small marginal improvements phase to these devices and it's getting a bit stale. This is of course my opinion and a minority one judging by the enthusiasm on this S8 forum. I'll continue to stay abreast of the changes but for now I can see me in the S7 regular for a while.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup...checking out the newest phones...I'd say this is the first year where the offerings haven't really given me features that are compelling enough to get on the new phone bandwagon. Truthfully MWC seemed like a dud and the industry is stuck in the small marginal improvements phase to these devices and it's getting a bit stale. This is of course my opinion and a minority one judging by the enthusiasm on this S8 forum. I'll continue to stay abreast of the changes but for now I can see me in the S7 regular for a while.

Honestly, for a new Samsung phone, the enthusiasm seems a bit lacking so far. I think many S7 owners feel the same as you. We've seen nothing so far that warrants an upgrade. But even if this turns out to be an off year for Sammy, it's still 10x more interesting than everything else.

A bunch of great phones we'll never get in the US, another flop Sony phone, overpriced Google bezel phone, and LG releases what looks like a great phone... With friggin 32 gb of storage. Samsung wins by default.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, for a new Samsung phone, the enthusiasm seems a bit lacking so far. I think many S7 owners feel the same as you. We've seen nothing so far that warrants an upgrade. But even if this turns out to be an off year for Sammy, it's still 10x more interesting than everything else.

A bunch of great phones we'll never get in the US, another flop Sony phone, overpriced Google bezel phone, and LG releases what looks like a great phone... With friggin 32 gb of storage. Samsung wins by default.

I agree. It could also be because of the Note 7 fiasco also why people not as hyped. I'm interested in what the Lg g6 brings. Looks a lot better than past years models og the G series. I'm wondering if this will give Samsung a run finally.