Thoughts on supposed S8 leaked pics

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed sites showing new supposed leaked pics of the new S8 from searching Google. The concept pics I'd seen previously were making the S8 out to have less bezel and look more like a Note 7.

The new pics today said to be leaks of what it actually will look like, appear much more like the Edge 7. Was hoping it would be more like the Note design, as seems most including myself liked the curved screen better on the Note over the Edge. The leaked pics look like an Edge to me and having plenty of bezel still.

For any of you who've seen the pics, thoughts ?

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree with tony, looks to me like the bezel is still there! Just maybe a little smaller, but hardly bezelless...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, ergonomic-wise, they NEED some bezel! Otherwise you'd need to hold your phone with tweezers from the top to avoid touch input on the screen (and we know that was already a problem with early software builds on the Note 5 :p... or was it the S7 Edge? One of those)

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, ergonomic-wise, they NEED some bezel! Otherwise you'd need to hold your phone with tweezers from the top to avoid touch input on the screen (and we know that was already a problem with early software builds on the Note 5 :p... or was it the S7 Edge? One of those)

My thoughts too. Really hope the curves don't make this phone too hard to hold and use. I like my S7 edge and loved the Note 7. But you need some bezels to hold onto the phone.

thunderbomb

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
From what I've read they are going to have the galaxy with the flat screen available in two sizes. 5.7" and 6.2". If this is true I will not be getting another edge.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Concept pictures are interesting but I try not to put too much stock in them. The phone may look entirely different than these photos when it debuts!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
1.85:1 aspect ratio is interesting. Assuming the same width as the S7 Edge (because that's the rumor, same device footprint) we get a 5.87" screen, so this picture would be fitting the 5.8" display rumor, however it would actually be a smaller footprint because rather than being 2.79" x 5.16", it would be 2.76" x 5.10" if the display is exactly 5.8" on the diagonal.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I do think that is exactly what the S8 will look like.

The home button is gone. Rumors for past couple of years samsung was going to do away with it and it looks like they finally will.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I do think that is exactly what the S8 will look like.

The home button is gone. Rumors for past couple of years samsung was going to do away with it and it looks like they finally will.
Fine without a home button. I want to see a larger screen option though. The S7Edge for me the screens not big enough

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
From using an iPhone 6 for most of last year I was going to buy an S7 Edge to play with but found an S6 to use. So playing with my new phone a couple of things I've found....

I find myself either hitting the left capacitive button with left hand operation way too often and when I don't do that, I'll accidentally press an icon with my palm when reaching over to far right of screen.

I guess it's just something to get use to and learn to avoid coming from iPhone or other phone with larger chin, but did make me think if the S8 ends up having almost no chin and in combination of edged screens, accidentally palming buttons will be a common and annoying problem.

Other than that the only other annoying problem is a TERRIBLE battery life over my iPhone 6. I swear I bet the iPhone has over double the battery life over the S6... and Apple does it with an 1810mah battery ??????. I don't care how they do it, and hopefully the SD 835 helps make it happen, but they MUST have better battery life... the battery life is so bad I've gone back to my iPhone 6 as a daily while using the S6 to play with Android Studio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21