02-23-2017 03:18 PM
132 ... 3456
tools
    Just to put this in perspective, no battery size is enough. You do what you can with what you get.

If battery life is you biggest concern, buy a Mate 9. I only need my battery to get me through the day, and quick charge here I come.
    I don't want a Mate 9. But I don't want Samsung making a bigger device with a smaller battery when they have a poor history of optimizing their devices with snapdragon processors for battery life. I love what Samsung offers in features, I just think that they could easily make a device with great battery life if they weren't trying to make their devices so thin. That's my only point. Yes, the Note 7 had problems with the battery size. I just don't think the best solution is to put smaller batteries in their devices. Just make it slightly thicker. I'll still buy the S8 if the battery is smaller. That doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion that they could do better than that.
    codeda likes this.
    02-10-2017 11:28 PM
    The S8 is not thinner, it's thicker.

Also 3500 is a good battery size. It could be larger, but as soon as it malfunctions, we'll be blaming Samsung for pushing it.

Samsung, LG and HTC will all be releasing flagships with around the same battery size, so it's still pretty standard.
    02-10-2017 11:43 PM
    The early rumor suggested a display with built-in fingerprint scanner but now it seems Samsung move the scanner on the back. I still hope the home button will be embeded on the display, so we have a bigger screen in smaller body. Expect a screen to body ratio of 85%
    I think the home button will be embedded
    02-11-2017 05:23 AM

Also 3500 is a good battery size. It could be larger, but as soon as it malfunctions, we'll be blaming Samsung for pushing it.

Samsung, LG and HTC will all be releasing flagships with around the same battery size, so it's still pretty standard.
    And it could have been thicker than it's going to be. If they made it even thicker than it's going to be, battery could have been bigger without risk of malfunction.

If you want to go by what HTC and LG do, then I guess it's standard to not make a profit. They're not Samsungs real competition, Apple is and that's who they need to try to beat in battery life. We can just agree to disagree though. I appreciate the good discussion. Always nice to be able to go back and forth on these forums with no name calling involved.
    02-11-2017 07:27 AM

Actually all reports have the galaxy s8 as being thinner. Rumors have the s8 at 7.3mm and the s7 was 7.9mm
    02-11-2017 09:40 AM
    And it could have been thicker than it's going to be. If they made it even thicker than it's going to be, battery could have been bigger without risk of malfunction.

If you want to go by what HTC and LG do, then I guess it's standard to not make a profit. They're not Samsungs real competition, Apple is and that's who they need to try to beat in battery life. We can just agree to disagree though. I appreciate the good discussion. Always nice to be able to go back and forth on these forums with no name calling involved.
    I do too, no worries.
    02-11-2017 10:09 AM
    Actually all reports have the galaxy s8 as being thinner. Rumors have the s8 at 7.3mm and the s7 was 7.9mm
    I thought this was the case but I wasn't a hundred percent sure and didn't feel like Googling it. I feel like my argument is even more valid then.
    wolfedude88 likes this.
    02-11-2017 10:11 AM
    I found that both the S7 Edge and the Note 7 batteries were excellent, and both got me through over a day use with moderate /heavy use. Better optimization being the key over battery size.
    02-11-2017 10:53 AM
    I found that both the S7 Edge and the Note 7 batteries were excellent, and both got me through over a day use with moderate /heavy use. Better optimization being the key over battery size.
    I agree that better optimization is the key, but I feel like on android we dont always get that. So the bigger the battery the better, I wont say the batteries are small or wont last but bigger in this case is always better.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    02-11-2017 01:44 PM
    I agree that better optimization is the key, but I feel like on android we dont always get that. So the bigger the battery the better, I wont say the batteries are small or wont last but bigger in this case is always better.
    Hey, a bigger battery as always okay with me. But realistically, not going to happen.
    02-11-2017 04:33 PM
    3000 and a Snapdragon 835 will be enough
    02-15-2017 05:34 AM
    Fake, fake, faky-fake. This is so fake it's almost embarrassing that it would be posted.
    nope, evleaks is the man.
    02-17-2017 06:38 PM
    Am I the only one who wakes the phone by touching the fingerprint scanner while it's on the wireless charging stand? Now it looks like I have to take the phone off the stand every time I want to open it up.
    02-19-2017 09:43 AM
    Am I the only one who wakes the phone by touching the fingerprint scanner while it's on the wireless charging stand? Now it looks like I have to take the phone off the stand every time I want to open it up.
    I used to do so as well. It's definitely going to be more inconvenient in that new spot. I prefer the front.
    02-19-2017 10:49 AM
    I am sure there will be a way to wake it without picking it up.
    02-20-2017 06:18 AM
    But if it's supposed to be under the glass on the front, what's the issue
    02-20-2017 07:08 AM
    But if it's supposed to be under the glass on the front, what's the issue
    I'm assuming you are talking about the fingerprint scanner? It's on the back besides the camera, not under the glass on the front.
    02-20-2017 07:36 AM
    It's being said that is on both
    02-20-2017 07:39 AM
    Link? I haven't seen any recent article since the pics of rear button came out that said there would be any sensor under front glass. I doubt there would because to have button in back as well sensor under glass would be redundant/overkill.

With the rear button, I imagine it will be like the LG G2 where if on a wireless charger , or just on table face up, double tap screen to wake for notifications, pin to open.

02-20-2017 08:50 AM

There has been zero talks of it since the leaks of the back fingerprint scanner. It's not happening on the front under the glass.

Even evleaks said the iris scanner will be used a lot.
    02-20-2017 08:56 AM
    I'm pretty much positive there won't be one under the glass. There would be no reason to have the one on the back then. That's just wishful thinking man.
    02-20-2017 09:22 AM
    Link? I haven't seen any recent article since the pics of rear button came out that said there would be any sensor under front glass. I doubt there would because to have button in back as well sensor under glass would be redundant/overkill.

With the rear button, I imagine it will be like the LG G2 where if on a wireless charger , or just on table face up, double tap screen to wake for notifications, pin to open.
    Agreed
    02-20-2017 09:33 AM
    I'm pretty much positive there won't be one under the glass. There would be no reason to have the one on the back then. That's just wishful thinking man.
    Well I guess I made a booboo... Lol
    02-20-2017 10:49 AM
    02-22-2017 09:09 PM
    I think the home button will be embedded
    Is it embedded, or simply soft buttons like many other Android phones?
    02-22-2017 11:05 PM
132 ... 3456