The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would buy a VERY good case for these! From the looks of it it wouldn't take much to hit the side of the screen to break it.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks good.
Really looking forward to this but I am stuck with the iPhone 7+. AT&T said if I payoff early, I'll loose the monthly statement credit. Kinda sucks

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For me I'm not interested in it unless it has a wider available screen use than the s7 edge. S7edge is at 5.5 I believe, but it's flat area is quite narrow. I'd want some more available flat area. The Note 7 had that and was just about perfect screen wize. Using a note 5 now and love it. Still have the s7edge as a backup

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Only way I'd just a Jump for the S8 is if they for certain have one with a 5.7 or bigger screen. Unsure if they have one same size as the 7edge..maybe but for me it feels too small.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Stupid, stupid place for fingerprint scanner. Holding out here for Note 8 which I guess will have the same dumb placement!

Sent from my SM-G935F using AC Forums mobile app
I've used the LgV20 which had fingerprint on the back and it's not hard to get used to. Just set the locking timer for after 30 minutes of non activity or set it up for smart unlock and you'll not need to use it that often anyway. Maybe S8 will have a tap to wake feature built in, or you could use Bixby or OK Google to wake it, so you're not having to pick it up

Benji96

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Guys, calm down. It's just a render based on the leaked picture, and not a leaked press picture. You can find more information about different renders and leaked photos on this Twitter page. He made the latest render image.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Stupid, stupid place for fingerprint scanner. Holding out here for Note 8 which I guess will have the same dumb placement!

Sent from my SM-G935F using AC Forums mobile app
Maybe they'll have the in screen one working by time the Note 8 comes out.
And quite frankly, we don't know what that sensor on the back is actually for yet.
It's got to be a FPS. That's exactly what they look like. Multiple leaks say it'll be on the back. The only other option would be in screen and it sounds like they haven't gotten that one figured out.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I mean considering the guy who leaked it(Evan Blass), said its the finger print reader I would think he is correct.

Even still, I'll wait to find if this was a leak of the the actual S8 final build or an early prototype.

Just a month ago, people were ******** about the headphone jack being axed by Samsung. Turns out it wasn't true.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Even still, I'll wait to find if this was a leak of the the actual S8 final build or an early prototype.

Just a month ago, people were ******** about the headphone jack being axed by Samsung. Turns out it wasn't true.
Well I'll just say, Blass is rarely wrong and one of the guys over at Android Police was saying he had heard that it was going to be up and to the side. Then the pic came out. I think that's what it's going to be.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I'll just say, Blass is rarely wrong and one of the guys over at Android Police was saying he had heard that it was going to be up and to the side. Then the pic came out. I think that's what it's going to be.

Rarely wrong and NEVER wrong are two different things. And even if it is the case, without actual time spent with the phone, we don't even know if it's the only way to unlock it.

Once again, context.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante