The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Rarely wrong and NEVER wrong are two different things. And even if it is the case, without actual time spent with the phone, we don't even know if it's the only way to unlock it.

Once again, context.
There are at least two ways to unlock that phone. There are 2 ways with the older samsungs.
Even still, I'll wait to find if this was a leak of the the actual S8 final build or an early prototype.

Just a month ago, people were ******** about the headphone jack being axed by Samsung. Turns out it wasn't true.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Has no one pointed out that the fingerprint reader is not squared up against the camera and flash module? While it looks like it has roughly the same height as the camera and flash modules, its placed off parallel with the 2 other modules, which would make 0 sense in design language.

Also, Samsung has never placed the flash module to the left of the camera lens - if they're using the same camera setup, why would they flip it? This is also not to mention that putting the finger print reader there completely skews the ambidextrous nature of having a finger print reader - no other phone has even considered that, and it would be totally off-putting IMO.

The picture itself still looks highly suspect. Lighting/shadowing inconsistencies, "SAMSUNS," the distorted and strangely placed USB C port, the fact that it doesn't line up with the rest of the case-maker leaks (which I feel like would be more likely be right vs this leak, considering what happened with the S7 and Edge), the old "edge" shaping of the phone vs the new style.

Take this and all leaks with a grain of salt.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Has no one pointed out that the fingerprint reader is not squared up against the camera and flash module? While it looks like it has roughly the same height as the camera and flash modules, its placed off parallel with the 2 other modules, which would make 0 sense in design language.

Also, Samsung has never placed the flash module to the left of the camera lens - if they're using the same camera setup, why would they flip it? This is also not to mention that putting the finger print reader there completely skews the ambidextrous nature of having a finger print reader - no other phone has even considered that, and it would be totally off-putting IMO.

The picture itself still looks highly suspect. Lighting/shadowing inconsistencies, "SAMSUNS," the distorted and strangely placed USB C port, the fact that it doesn't line up with the rest of the case-maker leaks (which I feel like would be more likely be right vs this leak, considering what happened with the S7 and Edge), the old "edge" shaping of the phone vs the new style.

Take this and all leaks with a grain of salt.

This is what I've been saying. It's way too early to just be blindly trusting leaks like these, I don't care who they're from. The S8 is barely going into mass production, and we don't even know yet how the regular S8 will differ from its Plus counterpart.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Will be very I terested to see the actual reveal of the S8/S8Plus so we see factual specs and photo details

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I've used the LgV20 which had fingerprint on the back and it's not hard to get used to. Just set the locking timer for after 30 minutes of non activity or set it up for smart unlock and you'll not need to use it that often anyway. Maybe S8 will have a tap to wake feature built in, or you could use Bixby or OK Google to wake it, so you're not having to pick it up
........and with a thick case??

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
........and with a thick case??
That's why I've done when I had my LgV20 and it worked great. I miss that phone actualy. If the S8 doesn't produce what I'm looking for I might make the jump from my edge to the v20, since I also have a Note 5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Rarely wrong and NEVER wrong are two different things. And even if it is the case, without actual time spent with the phone, we don't even know if it's the only way to unlock it.

Once again, context.

True but -- they aren't just going to not have a FP scanner so it would make sense to have it somewhere on the back. I don't see them axing that feature.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I stopped using the fingerprint scanner on the Note 5 and went to the four digit pin. Much easier to use and in the event of security, the pin is more secure. The movement of the scanner to the back is unfortunate and another idiotic Sammy design. But it's not worth freaking out about. 😉

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they'll have the in screen one working by time the Note 8 comes out.

It's got to be a FPS. That's exactly what they look like. Multiple leaks say it'll be on the back. The only other option would be in screen and it sounds like they haven't gotten that one figured out.

Just a crazy wish, is it possible beside the fingerprint scanner at the back, S8 will also include the rumoured on-screen fingerprint sensor? :)

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just a crazy wish, is it possible beside the fingerprint scanner at the back, S8 will also include the rumoured on-screen fingerprint sensor? :)
I'm sure they could do it, but it would be a waste. Prices high enough, I don't want to pay for two of them. That would be awesome if it had both though, but I just don't see it happening lol.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If it does turn out to be the case, I'll still have 3 alternative ways to unlock the phone. FPS if I'm holding the device, double tap to wake/4 digit code if it's lying flat. And Iris scanner when I want to be fancy.

Not a big deal.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
LG started this with the G2... it's funny that many criticized their design putting a button on back. Maybe it will be the same with Samsungs button to the right... but I still prefer mine in the center like the rumored G6 below.

Really like these leaked pics and hope true... liking the brushed metal look in back.

LG G6 leaks from multiple angles

a95dd34d2b124055a9d2eac3ed288f70.jpg

True but -- they aren't just going to not have a FP scanner so it would make sense to have it somewhere on the back. I don't see them axing that feature.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LG started this with the G2... it's funny that many criticized their design putting a button on back. Maybe it will be the same with Samsungs button to the right... but I still prefer mine in the center like the rumored G6 below.

Really like these leaked pics and hope true... liking the rushed metal look in back.

LG G6 leaks from multiple angles

View attachment 251625

That is how most designs go -- most hate it at first since most hate change but once they try it they realize it isn't so bad.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I heard so much complaining about the ugly home button when the S7 was announced. Now everyone wants it to stay. lol

People are never happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc