The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
From the looks of the case it looks like the edge won't be as pronounced as the s7 edge. Man i really hope this looks a lot like the note 7.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
From the looks of the case it looks like the edge won't be as pronounced as the s7 edge. Man i really hope this looks a lot like the note 7.
If the bigger of the two S8 models is no wider than the 7 Edge I don't think I'm going to get it

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Why wider? My perfect phone would do the note 7. I was just about to buy it when it got recalled. The size and look were perfect. I've never liked the s7 edge look at all

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I sure hope the bigger s8 is wider than the s7edge.

Yea, I hope the S8 is wider! Both those cases look pretty narrow. Yikes! I'd have to pass and go for the G6 if it has AMOLED then possibly. I want a big screen phone but don't want it super skinny like the S7 edge. The S7 edge is too skinny for me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well then you'll probably want the S8 Plus since that seems to be closer to iPhone Plus size while the regular S8 is supposedly a tad narrower than the S7 Edge. I personally prefer not to get a phone wider than the S7 Edge. If the S8 at release sound good I'll probably get an S8, otherwise I'm really warming up to the G6 and want to hear the final specs.

Weening myself off the iPhone 6 and playing with a S6 in the for last couple of months, I'm really hating the battery life and the lag on the S6 and really appreciating more the smoothness of the iPhone 6 and the crazy good battery life on it having 30% less battery than most androids. I hope the new phones will be able to match the battery performance of the iphone as well as smoothness... if not I am also really interested too in the upcoming iPhone 8... stainless frame (iphone 4 style), home embedded into screen, etc... and may get one too while I justify keeping an Android learning development.

S8-Plus-720x486.jpg
S8.jpg

Yea, I hope the S8 is wider! Both those cases look pretty narrow. Yikes! I'd have to pass and go for the G6 if it has AMOLED then possibly. I want a big screen phone but don't want it super skinny like the S7 edge. The S7 edge is too skinny for me.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
A 3500 MAH battery isnt enough, at the very least 4000 mah. Dont bother making faster phones, better specs and better screens if your battery isnt up to scratch.

khaled_shariar

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
The early rumor suggested a display with built-in fingerprint scanner but now it seems Samsung move the scanner on the back. I still hope the home button will be embeded on the display, so we have a bigger screen in smaller body. Expect a screen to body ratio of 85%

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
3600 is barely enough for the S7 edge and they're making the screen bigger. I don't think 3500 will be enough. I feel like battery life should be getting better.

Not necessarily. The Note 7 had better battery life than the S7 Edge. It comes down to the new processor and its efficiency

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. The Note 7 had better battery life than the S7 Edge. It comes down to the new processor and its efficiency
That wasn't necessarily my experience with the Note 7. Yeah I got slightly better battery life but I had the screen resolution decreased. I'm on the nougat beta now and after decreasing the resolution on my S7 edge, it has better battery life than my Note 7 did. There were threads where it seemed like half of the people thought the Note had better life and the other thought it was the S7e. I just don't think Samsung will optimize the snapdragon enough. If it was the exynos then I would agree that maybe 3500 would be enough.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
That wasn't necessarily my experience with the Note 7. Yeah I got slightly better battery life but I had the screen resolution decreased. I'm on the nougat beta now and after decreasing the resolution on my S7 edge, it has better battery life than my Note 7 did. There were threads where it seemed like half of the people thought the Note had better life and the other thought it was the S7e. I just don't think Samsung will optimize the snapdragon enough. If it was the exynos then I would agree that maybe 3500 would be enough.

Just to put this in perspective, no battery size is enough. You do what you can with what you get.

If battery life is your biggest concern, buy a Mate 9 with that 4000 mah battery.

Samsung is playing it safe after the Note disaster, and who could blame them?