The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just to put this in perspective, no battery size is enough. You do what you can with what you get.

If battery life is you biggest concern, buy a Mate 9. I only need my battery to get me through the day, and quick charge here I come.
I don't want a Mate 9. But I don't want Samsung making a bigger device with a smaller battery when they have a poor history of optimizing their devices with snapdragon processors for battery life. I love what Samsung offers in features, I just think that they could easily make a device with great battery life if they weren't trying to make their devices so thin. That's my only point. Yes, the Note 7 had problems with the battery size. I just don't think the best solution is to put smaller batteries in their devices. Just make it slightly thicker. I'll still buy the S8 if the battery is smaller. That doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion that they could do better than that.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The S8 is not thinner, it's thicker.

Also 3500 is a good battery size. It could be larger, but as soon as it malfunctions, we'll be blaming Samsung for pushing it.

Samsung, LG and HTC will all be releasing flagships with around the same battery size, so it's still pretty standard.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The early rumor suggested a display with built-in fingerprint scanner but now it seems Samsung move the scanner on the back. I still hope the home button will be embeded on the display, so we have a bigger screen in smaller body. Expect a screen to body ratio of 85%
I think the home button will be embedded

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Also 3500 is a good battery size. It could be larger, but as soon as it malfunctions, we'll be blaming Samsung for pushing it.

Samsung, LG and HTC will all be releasing flagships with around the same battery size, so it's still pretty standard.

And it could have been thicker than it's going to be. If they made it even thicker than it's going to be, battery could have been bigger without risk of malfunction.

If you want to go by what HTC and LG do, then I guess it's standard to not make a profit. They're not Samsungs real competition, Apple is and that's who they need to try to beat in battery life. We can just agree to disagree though. I appreciate the good discussion. Always nice to be able to go back and forth on these forums with no name calling involved.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Actually all reports have the galaxy s8 as being thinner. Rumors have the s8 at 7.3mm and the s7 was 7.9mm

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And it could have been thicker than it's going to be. If they made it even thicker than it's going to be, battery could have been bigger without risk of malfunction.

If you want to go by what HTC and LG do, then I guess it's standard to not make a profit. They're not Samsungs real competition, Apple is and that's who they need to try to beat in battery life. We can just agree to disagree though. I appreciate the good discussion. Always nice to be able to go back and forth on these forums with no name calling involved.

I do too, no worries.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I found that both the S7 Edge and the Note 7 batteries were excellent, and both got me through over a day use with moderate /heavy use. Better optimization being the key over battery size.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I found that both the S7 Edge and the Note 7 batteries were excellent, and both got me through over a day use with moderate /heavy use. Better optimization being the key over battery size.

I agree that better optimization is the key, but I feel like on android we dont always get that. So the bigger the battery the better, I wont say the batteries are small or wont last but bigger in this case is always better.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree that better optimization is the key, but I feel like on android we dont always get that. So the bigger the battery the better, I wont say the batteries are small or wont last but bigger in this case is always better.

Hey, a bigger battery as always okay with me. But realistically, not going to happen.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who wakes the phone by touching the fingerprint scanner while it's on the wireless charging stand? Now it looks like I have to take the phone off the stand every time I want to open it up.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who wakes the phone by touching the fingerprint scanner while it's on the wireless charging stand? Now it looks like I have to take the phone off the stand every time I want to open it up.
I used to do so as well. It's definitely going to be more inconvenient in that new spot. I prefer the front.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Link? I haven't seen any recent article since the pics of rear button came out that said there would be any sensor under front glass. I doubt there would because to have button in back as well sensor under glass would be redundant/overkill.

With the rear button, I imagine it will be like the LG G2 where if on a wireless charger , or just on table face up, double tap screen to wake for notifications, pin to open.

It's being said that is on both

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie