The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Link? I haven't seen any recent article since the pics of rear button came out that said there would be any sensor under front glass. I doubt there would because to have button in back as well sensor under glass would be redundant/overkill.

With the rear button, I imagine it will be like the LG G2 where if on a wireless charger , or just on table face up, double tap screen to wake for notifications, pin to open.

Agreed

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you wanted to make a super device... you make the home button/fingerprint sensor under glass eliminating the home button all together... not add one by also putting it in the back... as well as put it in such an awkward location as to the right of the camera. i know its a matter of getting use to and muscle memory but i still imagine when occasionally going from left hand to right hand use that you're gonna forget and keeping rubbing the camera lense getting the lense all smudged at times.

The reason will be Samsung want to make a super device to take back customers it lost from Note 7 :D

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Is it embedded, or simply soft buttons like many other Android phones?
I am figuring it'll be similar to the LG V20 with the home and other buttons as on screen buttons, that's what I meant. Fingerprint? That's probably on the back like all the other newer phones

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
If leaked specs are true, i'm not impressed at all, i want a better camera at normal light without stupid plastic photos as some might appear.
Less DVFS throttling, better speakers, stereo cause if sony can do it with IP68 rating, no reason why sammy can't, 6GB would be nicer, 4200+mah battery and at least 13mp front face camera, heck the A7 got 16mp on the front...

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If leaked specs are true, i'm not impressed at all, i want a better camera at normal light without stupid plastic photos as some might appear.
Less DVFS throttling, better speakers, stereo cause if sony can do it with IP68 rating, no reason why sammy can't, 6GB would be nicer, 4200+mah battery and at least 13mp front face camera, heck the A7 got 16mp on the front...
Did you want more MPs or something? I'm hoping this camera is better as well. Hopefully they did some under the hood stuff.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well the Pixel didn't need higher MP to become the best smartphone camera.
Exactly. So I was asking if that's what that poster wanted. I don't care about MPs. I just want the camera to be better. Who knows what they're doing, could have bigger pixels. As long as there are under the hood improvements, I'll be happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae