Was just reading up on the S8 and S8 Plus renders, and couldn't help myself. Had to start up an S8 Plus forum!

If the leaked renders are accurate, looks like we're in for a real treat. The devices look tight. What are you looking forward to most? What kind of specs do you think we'll see?
    02-07-2017 10:08 AM
    I was really hoping (still am!) that the fingerprint reader wouldn't be in the back I do hope they come out with a red version at launch, though
    02-07-2017 01:21 PM
    Looks to be a huge improvement from the already fantastic S7. No logo, no home button and a 3.5mm jack. Im not sure about the scanner placement but Bixby and an iris scanner have me too excited to care.
    02-07-2017 01:43 PM
    I'm not excited about the iris scanner. Didn't work for me in the Note 7. Either got messed up with my contacts for some reason or when I was wearing glasses at night (granted, my glasses bend reality around my head so that MIGHT have been an issue hehehe). Only time it worked is when I wasn't wearing contacts or glasses... and of course, doing that, I couldn't even see the phone to use it.
    02-07-2017 02:32 PM
    I'm a little concerned about the "dedicated Bixby button"...unless they allow it to be mapped to initiate something else should I choose to do so. But I have a feeling if they have a dedicated button for it then it's not going to be mappable to another application.

I love the idea of AI and assistants and all...but I gotta admit the arena is starting to frustrate me. I have an Android phone and a Google Home...and I have to remember how to phrase certain things to get the result I want on each. And if I happen to try to talk to my phone when GH is nearby...to add a calendar event for example, the darn GH tells me it can't do that yet. I KNOW...it's why I was talking to my phone. I'm digressing a little...my point is I'm now fighting with 2 different idiosyncracies from Google themselves (can do x on y but y won't work on x that way, etc.). Now we will throw a third in the mix...

I know this is how innovation happens...someone has to lead the way and maybe Bixby will...but I'd far prefer the option to map that button to Google Assistant, Google Now or Bixby...alas I seriously doubt that will happen. Heck, even some OTHER app might be more helpful to me personally for that button.

I'm very much waiting patiently to see what transpires. I had preordered the Note 7 and boy did I LOVE that phone, except Samsung screwed up with the original Notes apps themselves...took away functionality for more basic functionality, but I was wanting the original functionality...and you could only get it by side loading and then remembering to never let Samsung update the apps....

I look forward to seeing real first impressions when this hits. I think I'm going to be holding out for a Note 8 (or whatever they decide to call it)...but the Plus would probably be my ticket if I jump back in sooner.
    02-09-2017 12:51 PM
    I was really hoping (still am!) that the fingerprint reader wouldn't be in the back I do hope they come out with a red version at launch, though
    I actually would prefer it on the back. After using LG V10, V20 and now the Mate 9, I find reaching for a back fingerprint reader easier and more natural. Reaching for a front bottom fingerprint reader now seems 'awkward' to me. I just hope if they do place it on the back, they place it below the camera and not to a side of it, similar to where the heart rate monitor is at.
    02-13-2017 12:25 AM
    Another render.....still not liking the FP scanner next to the camera...

Galaxy S8 Plus Renders!-new-galaxy-s8-renders-5.jpg
    Matty likes this.
    02-13-2017 06:53 AM
    Nice.

Yeah, that is kind of odd if you ask me.
    02-13-2017 08:42 AM
    Man, this thing is gorgeous. Give me Coral blue now.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    02-13-2017 09:55 PM
    Man, this thing is gorgeous. Give me Coral blue now.
    That is one color I've actually not liked that everyone else seemed too. Give me the black on black and I'm sold.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    02-14-2017 07:15 AM
    @wolfedude88 - the black on black is pretty awesome. That's the one variant of the Note 7 I had some hands on time with. It was SWEEEEEET.
    02-14-2017 09:12 AM
    Another render.....still not liking the FP scanner next to the camera...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-galaxy-s8-renders-5.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	252042
    Yeah, it does seem a little odd me. I'm still trying to think of reasons why they would put the scanner so high up. There is a reason Apple introduced the 'reachability' mode. Our fingers can't reach the top of our devices.

Design wise though, I'm excited and can't wait to hold one. It looks super premium and the camera only protrudes a tiny bit which is great. It does look like they took the exact home button from the front, turned it sideways and place it on the back haha
    jamezr likes this.
    02-18-2017 12:47 AM
    I hope the SD storage is 256, I have a new one from note 7.
    02-20-2017 05:31 PM
    I have to say, from everything I've read and seen, I'm psyched about the S8! I was really happy Samsung screwed up with the Note 7. I figured they'd be forced to pull out all the stops with the S8 to help improve their reputation!

J
    02-23-2017 02:49 PM
    Yea that could've been the issue, I never had an issue with my iris scanner, it worked flawlessly, it even worked through my RayBans!
    02-27-2017 06:38 AM
    I'm not excited about the iris scanner. Didn't work for me in the Note 7. Either got messed up with my contacts for some reason or when I was wearing glasses at night (granted, my glasses bend reality around my head so that MIGHT have been an issue hehehe). Only time it worked is when I wasn't wearing contacts or glasses... and of course, doing that, I couldn't even see the phone to use it.
    Yea that could've been the issue, I never had an issue with my iris scanner, it worked flawlessly, it even worked through my RayBans..
    02-27-2017 06:40 AM
    Yea that could've been the issue, I never had an issue with my iris scanner, it worked flawlessly, it even worked through my RayBans..
    That doesn't speak well of your RayBans :S Aren't they supposed to block UV AND Infrared?
    02-27-2017 11:28 AM
    That doesn't speak well of your RayBans :S Aren't they supposed to block UV AND Infrared?
    Lol they are polarized, hahahaha
    02-27-2017 01:50 PM
    Yeah, but they used to block UV and IR (the iris scanner, as I understand it, works with IR). Turns out that unless the lens is made out of actual glass, RayBan stopped coating their lenses for IR-protection a while back (unless stated) so now it's only good for UV.
    02-27-2017 03:23 PM
    I had the very same issue with my Note 7. I loved that phone otherwise. But for some reason, the iris scanner never worked for me (in the brief time I had to play with both my pre-ordered first Note and the second replacement Note).
    Looks to be a huge improvement from the already fantastic S7. No logo, no home button and a 3.5mm jack. Im not sure about the scanner placement but Bixby and an iris scanner have me too excited to care.
    02-27-2017 08:30 PM
    I don't mind the fingerprint scanner on the back, but I don't want it that high and off center.
    jamezr likes this.
    02-28-2017 09:16 AM