Which one will you choose? S8 or S8 Plus?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'll only get one if the battery life is equal to or better than the S7 edge. I want the S8 Plus, but my iPhone 7 Plus has amazing battery life and I don't know if I want to part with that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
if its 6.2, i might have to buy it instead of the note8

I plan on getting the S8 Plus. My worry is that the Note 8 comes out and it is so much better than the Galaxy and I end up spending like over $900 again right after buying the s8 Plus. IF there is indeed an S8 Plus and the screen size is as big as claimed I might not buy the Note then. The problem with the S7 is that the screen was too small for me so I bought the Note 7. I got the S7 Edge to replace the Note but the phone is still a bit too small for me.

I love the Spen but didn't use it a lot. A big reason I bought the Note was for the big screen. I hope the S8 Plus holds me off so I don't end up buying the Note and wasting more money. If the S7 edge had a bigger screen I might have held off for the Note 8 then. I got an unlocked V20 but don't like it much.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 7edge so the 8plus is supposed to be the same size with less bezel, so I will stick with that size. I really liked the size of the Note7, which was a little taller than the 7edge. I am glad the screen is 6.2 inches because the way the 7edge is curved, the glare on the edge actually made the screen look smaller than the 5.5 inches to me. I'm hoping the 6.2 inches makes up for it. The way the Note7 was curved, there wasn't as much glare, so the 5.7 inches actually felt like 5.7 inches. Anyway, can the phone get here already. I have serious low storage issues. :)

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
As if now I can't decide yet the small form factor of the S8 is very appealing to me, but a 6.2 inch screen in a form factor not much bigger than the S7E is also appealing lol, I really can't decide just yet I'll have to see them when they are unveiled

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Really confused... Wasn't Soo much last year as I knew me getting the s7 edge... Now with G6 S8 S8+ dunno which to get...
Best way is to wait till they are launched in India and prices.. Then will see them in person to decide... If G6 is prices similar to s8 family then s8 or plus makes more sense... Just hope s8+ came with dual camera setup

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope the S8 Plus is the Note8. If it is, I'll get that over the S8.

The model I choose is all dependent upon the battery, if I choose to get one.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'd prefer the smaller S8. But unless this phone really compels me, I'll hold out for the fall flagships. I'm in no hurry for a new phone.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I hope the S8 Plus is the Note8. If it is, I'll get that over the S8.

The model I choose is all dependent upon the battery, if I choose to get one.

A Samsung rep stated last month that there will be a Note replacement in 2017, more likely in the Fall time. I doubt the S8 Plus will have a stylus as that is one of the main benefits of the Note line. I'm with T-Mobile on the Jump On Demand plan so I'll get the S8 plus and when the Note variant model comes out I'll jump to that one mainly because I prefer the Note line, only reason I wouldn't is if its too big or the stylus is literally the only difference.

Here's a link to the article regarding the Samsung rep http://www.phonedog.com/2017/01/23/samsung-galaxy-note-8-coming

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
S8 or S8+?

Which one will you guys be getting?

When the S6 came out, it was a no brainer for me, I loved the edges. When the S7 came out, it was also a no brainer. I wanted edges and the bigger screen. This time around, I think I want the plus. However, my final decision will be based on the battery size. 5.8" is pretty big screen wise, but I want the device to last as long as possible. Guess we shall see. Any thoughts?