03-22-2017 09:28 AM
30 12
tools
    I think the biggest issue here is how power consumption is handled and the optimization of apps to the phone's OS. Apple has long gone with relatively puny batteries but still manage to get respectable to great battery life from their devices. Android has always lagged in this regard. Having sad that, I've heard that Nougat (Android 7.0.1) is a very significant improvement over Marshmellow. But again, we heard the same thing with the rollout of Marshmellow and it really didn't seem to be true in real world use at least. And then there's the matter of the phone's CPU. The Snapdragons are (or at least have been) markedly inferior to the exynos chipsets in power handling as well as processing speed. Yet Samsung persists in giving us the Snapdragon chips while giving pretty much the rest of the world the exynos chips. How come we don't rate? Maybe the 835 will be better, but I'm not holding my breath.
    02-17-2017 06:33 AM
    another thing to consider is the power consumption from a newer more efficient processor, makes for longer lasting batteries.
    Exactly. Each year Snapdragon release new processors and each one becomes more and more efficient. So if the battery stays the same size, it could still mean better battery life. The screen size is rumoured to get a little bigger so maybe we will get about the same life as the S7? Lets wait and see I'm sure Samsung are going to try hard to win back any lost customers (From Note 7) with the S8 and S8+

I'm sure a lot of people will wait for hands on reviews before they go out and purchase. Sometimes this is the smarter decision and could potentially save you money
    02-17-2017 11:20 AM
    Well I guess this is Samsungs solution and should resolves any fears regarding the battery. Now why didnt I think of that?

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/21...grey-and-blue/
    03-21-2017 10:18 PM
    Well I guess this is Samsungs solution and should resolves any fears regarding the battery. Now why didnt I think of that?

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/21...grey-and-blue/
    I assume you're being playfully jocular as I have no desire to carry one of those around day to day as well as charging it every night. As long as it's on par with the S7E I'll be happy enough.
    03-21-2017 10:30 PM
    For those of you with s7's how long do you usually get out of a single charge?
    03-22-2017 09:28 AM
30 12