Wanted to fire up some discussion on the bezel (or lack of) on the new S8. Starting to see more and more renders and rumors. Timing is right

What do y'all think? Next to no bezel? Curved edges? All metal design? Thoughts

(can't wait!)
    02-13-2017 08:44 AM
    It's an interesting that Samsung has gone away with the hardware buttons, if the leaks are correct (I know Blass leaks are accurate, but I still take every leak with a grain of salt). I'm personally not too big on the curved edges, though. The bezels on the side can be quite helpful when holding a device without a case.
    02-13-2017 09:06 AM
    Bezels actually serve a useful purpose IMO. You want non-touch sensitive areas with a touch screen device. Of course I'll use a case if I get the S8 so it won't matter much to me.
    Matty and JokiingSutra like this.
    02-13-2017 09:19 AM
    I agree with the comment about needing to hold it somewhere. Those of us with fat fingers appreciate a reasonable place to grip the phone. I have seen the question but not any answers, how hard is it to get screen protectors and cases that allow for holding it and not eliminate the curved part. IMO I don't see a real need for a curved screen. Now truly flexible would be a different story so I could fold up the phone (yes I sort of miss the old flip phones at least for size). Currently using a Galaxy S5 and would not want to go much bigger.
    02-13-2017 10:15 AM
    The S8+ is narrower than the S7E and the curves should resemble the Note7's. I had no issue whatsoever with the Note7 edges. I didn't want a curved screen either at the time.
    02-14-2017 12:06 PM
    I love curved edges. It just looks great in my opinion. Yeah, it doesn't add much in the way of functionality but it's aesthetically pleasing. I've had both the S6 edge and S7 edge and had no problems finding cases that looked good and still kept me from having too many accidental touches.
    02-14-2017 02:33 PM
    if the curved edge is like the ones one the Note 7 (and i think they will be), then i really do not see it as an issue. I used a Spigon clear case and it worked very well, had zero issues with false touches.
    02-20-2017 02:20 PM
    It's an interesting that Samsung has gone away with the hardware buttons, if the leaks are correct (I know Blass leaks are accurate, but I still take every leak with a grain of salt). I'm personally not too big on the curved edges, though. The bezels on the side can be quite helpful when holding a device without a case.
    It's seems like LG G6 might be quite similar to S8 in terms of screen ratio but without the curve edge. Might be an option for those who hate curve edge
    02-24-2017 10:17 PM
    Same screen size as V20 (5.7") but in size of the LG G5
    Galaxy S8 Bezel-lg-g6-colors-leak.jpg

Galaxy S8 Bezel-lg-g6-vs-lg-g5-photo-leak.jpg
    It's seems like LG G6 might be quite similar to S8 in terms of screen ratio but without the curve edge. Might be an option for those who hate curve edge
    02-24-2017 10:37 PM
    Bezels actually serve a useful purpose IMO. You want non-touch sensitive areas with a touch screen device. Of course I'll use a case if I get the S8 so it won't matter much to me.
    Yip, would definitely agree. While i personally love the curved edges on the side and the screen almost wrapping around the phone, we do need some bezels at the top and bottom. Especially when I'm recording video in landscape. I need things to hold onto without touching the screen and refocusing the camera
    If we look at the Mi MIX. It literally has no bezels at the top of the device which means certain things have to be sacrificed, like the top camera and earphone speaker. I'm really interested to see how they curved the screen on the corners, thats something i have to see in person. Overall i love the new design. Its fresh, clean and i think it will sell really well.

As i said to Mr. Mobile, 2017 is shaping up to be one of the best years in tech!
    02-25-2017 12:16 AM
    With hardly any bezel especially on the bottom and top, it will be interesting to see what the cases will be like especially the Defender style cases and thick cases. My guess is some case designs might be open on the top.
    02-25-2017 11:56 PM
    This "bezelless" design might just be a trend and people may want to have more bezels again. There was a huge design flaw with the Galaxy Tab S2 8.4 being way too slim and it was difficult to hold without your hand touching the screen somewhere. I'm happy with my V20 being very slim but still have a little space at the chin to hold.
    03-03-2017 11:25 AM
    Agreed, if you absolutely hate the curved screen. However, LG is an acquired taste as well in regards to the UI. I don't hate the curved screen enough to change. In fact, the Note7 screen was really nice curve-wise. The S8 looks to be very similar.
    03-03-2017 12:14 PM
    I thinks it's going to be really annoying!

I'm far from thick myself, but still my hand palm touches the screen enough and it will register every time (using the s7 naked).

The bezel less screens do look awesome, but I find it annoying to use from time to time.
    03-03-2017 07:36 PM
    I thinks it's going to be really annoying!

I'm far from thick myself, but still my hand palm touches the screen enough and it will register every time (using the s7 naked).

The bezel less screens do look awesome, but I find it annoying to use from time to time.
    I agree, I've used the S7 Edge before and occasionally my palm touches the edge when trying to use with one hand.
    03-03-2017 08:38 PM