03-30-2017 03:10 AM
104 1234 ...
tools
    I was talking about the Pixel2. Just imagine what that bad boy will go for.☺️
    I actually don't think the pixel 2 will cost more than the current pixel. I think Google set the pricing to match Apple and like Apple will offer a newer better phone at the same price as last year's phone and then offer last year's model at a discount price.
    02-25-2017 06:12 PM
    I actually don't think the pixel 2 will cost more than the current pixel. I think Google set the pricing to match Apple and like Apple will offer a newer better phone at the same price as last year's phone and then offer last year's model at a discount price.
    All rumors point to increased price for the iPhone this year though, right? And I think I read somewhere that Google was going to increase the price of the Pixel as well. I guess we'll see. It probably won't be but a few dollars different per month on device payment plans though.
    02-25-2017 06:26 PM
    no one has an answer for this , no one knows what the future holds.
    so in my opinion 7 months isn't a short period to wait and have the risk,go for S8.
    02-25-2017 07:14 PM
    If I want to be in the latest Android train and get updates regularly, then there is no doubt Pixel will be my choice.

If I want to get a smartphone that is built with great design, best camera features topped up with near bezel-less design, then I would go with the S8.
    03-03-2017 05:12 PM
    For sure would wait for Pixel 2. Samsung has lost that allure it had after N7 fiasco.
    03-03-2017 07:15 PM
    By the time the Pixel 2 arrives, things like the Note 8 and LG V30 will also be around. If you're a fan of the S series, you're probably better off getting the S8, because it's not like it's going to be vastly inferior to the later phones anyway.
    03-03-2017 08:21 PM
    You should wait for the iPhone 8/X/10 whatever they call it. For the 10th anniversary Apple is going to do something really special and invent Android OS.
    03-06-2017 01:09 PM
    You should wait for the iPhone 8/X/10 whatever they call it. For the 10th anniversary Apple is going to do something really special and invent Android OS.
    Exactly. Time to play catch-up. Wireless charging, waterproof, curved screen and usb-c port. Look out world!
    The ONLY thing Apple may be able to hang their hat on is the in screen fingerprint sensor. Oh wait...the Note 8 will be out before the next iPhone.
    03-06-2017 04:56 PM
    S8 is probably a safe bet
    03-06-2017 05:41 PM
    Exactly. Time to play catch-up. Wireless charging, waterproof, curved screen and usb-c port. Look out world!
    The ONLY thing Apple may be able to hang their hat on is the in screen fingerprint sensor. Oh wait...the Note 8 will be out before the next iPhone.
    I'll be happy if it has USB C. Universal charging for everyone!
    03-06-2017 05:55 PM
    I've been a Samsung guy since the S2. I've upgrade each year to the latest Galaxy and currently have the S7 edge.

The S8 sounds like it's going to be an amazing phone based on the leaks thus far. Do I get it, or wait for the Pixel 2? It's the first time since the S2 I've thought about waiting.

All over Android Central is "The Pixel is the Best Phone" available now. I don't believe much has been leaked about the Pixel 2, but I'd hate to get the S8 and then really want the next Pixel. Upgrading twice a year isn't financially feasible.

Any input?
    The problem with Pixel is who is making it?
    03-08-2017 08:00 PM
    LoL
    03-08-2017 08:00 PM
    I will have to get both!
    03-08-2017 08:56 PM
    I would pick Samsung. Can't wait for the Pixel.
    03-09-2017 05:35 AM
    If there was more information on what's upcoming for the Pixel 2, I'd wait. I prefer Samsung hardware but prefer Google's apps and have pretty much disabled all the Samsung apps that can be replaced by Google versions on my Note 4. I'm planning on going with a smaller phone this time and the regular Pixel's battery life and small storage is a concern.
    03-10-2017 01:11 PM
    If there was more information on what's upcoming for the Pixel 2, I'd wait. I prefer Samsung hardware but prefer Google's apps and have pretty much disabled all the Samsung apps that can be replaced by Google versions on my Note 4. I'm planning on going with a smaller phone this time and the regular Pixel's battery life and small storage is a concern.
    I'm still mad at Google for killing Nexus. I even prefer the name over Pixel. I thought they were on the right track with the 6P and wanted to see them improve on that.
    03-13-2017 08:02 PM
    There'll be features on the Pixel 2 that won't be on the S8/S8+ because the Pixel 2 will be coming out six months after the Samsung devices. If you want the latest and greatest now, the S8/S8+ would be your best bet. If you can wait, get the Pixel 2.

I'm going with the S8+ because I prefer Samsung devices over the Pixels.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-13-2017 09:16 PM
    The Note 8 will probably be the device that will be more comparable to the Pixel 2 since they'll be released around the same time.
    jamezr likes this.
    03-13-2017 10:53 PM
    The Note 8 will probably be the device that will be more comparable to the Pixel 2 since they'll be released around the same time.
    I think you're right.....The Note is a better comparison to the Pixel 2 as they will both be released about the same time.
    03-14-2017 07:20 AM
    I think you're right.....The Note is a better comparison to the Pixel 2 as they will both be released about the same time.
    But unless Google smartens up and allows other Carriers into the fray, the Pixel 2 is off the plate for me. There were a couple of great features that were unusable without being with Verizon on the first Pixel. Bah Humbug to them! Note 8 for me and AT&T (just to make it ryhme)! :-)
    03-14-2017 09:20 AM
    But unless Google smartens up and allows other Carriers into the fray, the Pixel 2 is off the plate for me. There were a couple of great features that were unusable without being with Verizon on the first Pixel. Bah Humbug to them! Note 8 for me and AT&T (just to make it ryhme)! :-)
    I'm going with the Note 8 as well, even though the S8/S8+ will have some great features. I can wait, though.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-14-2017 09:30 AM
    it's up in the air for me, October is a long time to wait for the Pixel 2
    03-21-2017 10:32 AM
    I'm going with the Note 8 as well, even though the S8/S8+ will have some great features. I can wait, though.
    Weird call to make 6 months in advance - we know nothing about the device This fall I'll either be on the iPhone X or whatever that is, Pixel 2 or Note 8 as well, but it'll depend on what's actually the best device available.
    03-21-2017 10:49 AM
    Weird call to make 6 months in advance - we know nothing about the device This fall I'll either be on the iPhone X or whatever that is, Pixel 2 or Note 8 as well, but it'll depend on what's actually the best device available.
    Some people are just Note users. My wife is waiting for the Note as well. She could care less about anything else that's coming out. Don't have to know anything about the device if you know that's the type of device you want. I know I'm getting the Note as well, but I'll get the S8+ to hold me over until it comes out. I don't do iPhones, and I don't think there's much the Pixel can do to win me over. I prefer Samsung's vision for Android over Google's.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-21-2017 10:53 AM
    Some people are just Note users. My wife is waiting for the Note as well. She could care less about anything else that's coming out. Don't have to know anything about the device if you know that's the type of device you want. I know I'm getting the Note as well, but I'll get the S8+ to hold me over until it comes out. I don't do iPhones, and I don't think there's much the Pixel can do to win me over. I prefer Samsung's vision for Android over Google's.
    The Note 7 was awesome! It had the S7 edge features + the S Pen. That was the perfect phone for me, until it exploded.

The Note line is the only line of phones I'm truly satisfied with.
    Aquila and Lepa79 like this.
    03-21-2017 11:05 AM
104 1234 ...