New leaked photos FINAL THOUGHTS?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I preferred the look of the Note 7. This is cool and all, I'm impressed that they can do bezeless displays, but I'm unsure about the look of it and concerned about how practical it will be when it comes to handling my phone.
Note 7 was beautiful. Hopefully the Note 8 will be just as nice.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
New leaked pics... the one thing I like about the leak pic... lock screen wallpaper is S-Pen looking wallpaper... wishful thinking ;)

View attachment 252934

New leak could be our first look at Samsung’s final Galaxy S8 hardware – BGR

Interesting case presented here (except for the butt-ugly color). But one thing that is intriguing with this case design is the slight separation between the camera and the finger-print sensor. When I get this device, a similar case will be something I'd be looking for to hopefully avoid tons of fingerprints on my camera by being better able to feel where the fingerprint sensor is.

yosnoor

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious to know what the usability of the fingerprint reader is like. Anyone tried it? Is the positioning good? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I cannot stand curved glass. At least with the S7 they gave us an option for a flat glass. I probably will wait and go with later flagship phones that have the SD 835 in the year from ZTE and OnePlus assuming they make them with flat screens.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about it is the absolutely horrible placement of the fingerprint scanner. This phone does so much right, but that one failure could kill it.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I really don't like how the display has rounded corners. That said, the only real question for me is will I be getting the S8 or the S8+ on the release day? The battery on my S6 edge is not lasting like it used to.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the location was a last minute afterthought once they abandoned the underscreen button. Terrible location but I guess it will be a one year only feature if they push foward with the underscreen button on S9... possibly in time for Note 8???

consider this... the S8 was to have underscreen button AND dual cameras... and design and internal hardware layout pretty much near production stage. They realize they can't get the bugs out of the underscreen button and have to wait until S9 and now they have to design a button in the back but everything has been designed and would have to redesign the internal layout! Viola... remove the dual cameras, put one camera back in and use that freed up space for the power button.

A lousy place to put a button... but problem solved. :/

The only thing I don't like about it is the absolutely horrible placement of the fingerprint scanner. This phone does so much right, but that one failure could kill it.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the location was a last minute afterthought once they abandoned the underscreen button. Terrible location but I guess it will be a one year only feature if they push foward with the underscreen button on S9... possibly in time for Note 8???

consider this... the S8 was to have underscreen button AND dual cameras... and design and internal hardware layout pretty much near production stage. They realize they can't get the bugs out of the underscreen button and have to wait until S9 and now they have to design a button in the back but everything has been designed and would have to redesign the internal layout! Viola... remove the dual cameras, put one camera back in and use that freed up space for the power button.

A lousy place to put a button... but problem solved. :/

If this is indeed how it happened then who knows what other mishaps it can cause? And to think the device would go from having that underscreen technology and dual camera to none of them, kind of dissapointing actually

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Loving the design but I still want the bezels a bit like the note 7. I think i'm gonna wait for the new note to be released before I decide which one to buy.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well I just have to make clear, if it wasn't understood in my post that I was just hypothesizing/guessing/having fun with an idea as to why the stupid location on the FPS... no facts to base it on.

Did read an article that there most likely a dual camera S8 considered and maybe a prototype but didn't happen. Rumors say that most likely the Note 8 will have a dual camera. So from there I came up with the idea.... cause if they did run out of time on the underscreen button, then it's logical they now had to figure out where to put a button.

If the Note8 does come with dual camera... will be interesting to see where they put a FPS ;)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-...likely-have-a-dual-camera-an-analysis_id91950

If this is indeed how it happened then who knows what other mishaps it can cause? And to think the device would go from having that underscreen technology and dual camera to none of them, kind of dissapointing actually

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The reason why the fingerprint button is located in that location is because it is no longer the primary method to log in. I guarantee you Samsung designed the phone with the intention that people would use the iris scanner as the primary way to unlock your phone. I expect they made inprovements to that feature and believe that is how most people should unlock their phone.

J solo

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Im digging it exept for the fingerprint scanner ofcorse but nobody​ really knows just how awkward is or isnt like they say dont knock it till you try it ] other than that it seems like its going to be a really sleek looking device also wondering what Bixby is going to be like .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital