lets talk Bixby !!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
But what about Bixby? Do you think this will be something cool or just more samsung clutter?

I would prefer to use 'Google Assistant' at this stage. Bixby may actually be pretty good but when all devices running Marshmallow and higher get Google Assistant. It seems silly to have 2 personal assistants on your device :) Samsung will probably use Bixby more in their other electronic products like Smart TVs or other smart appliances.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google Assistant just isn't that great yet. In fact, it's pretty mediocre.

TBH I think people expected more than what was advertised from it. It is smarter than Google Now but everyone kind of got this idea in their head that it would be this all great wonder :p.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
TBH I think people expected more than what was advertised from it. It is smarter than Google Now but everyone kind of got this idea in their head that it would be this all great wonder :p.

It's definitely a baby. Most of what we are going to love about it hasn't been built out yet.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I see the potential, definitely. In 2 or 3 years it will be miles ahead of where it is now.

But people expecting this thing to interpret their every need are going to be disappointed. It just isn't there yet, though it does try to give you something lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I see the potential, definitely. In 2 or 3 years it will be miles ahead of where it is now.

But people expecting this thing to interpret their every need are going to be disappointed. It just isn't there yet, though it does try to give you something lol

It gives you what you already know -- Google Now with some extras. People ignored it during the Pixel and once announced it was coming to all Android phones everyone just assumed it was some massive AI thing from the future :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34