03-21-2017 05:54 PM
75 123
tools
    I'm sure the 10th anniversary iPhone will have a backlog
    The 7 plus did like 4 hours after ordering started. That is the only thing that stopped me from order the 7 plus back in Oct when it went on sale. That very morning I went online to order it to pickup at an apple store and I could not place the order because it wouldn't let me. That is the only thing that stopped me from going to Apple. Probably was a good thing though when I think about it.
    03-10-2017 02:45 PM
    The 7 plus did like 4 hours after ordering started. That is the only thing that stopped me from order the 7 plus back in Oct when it went on sale. That very morning I went online to order it to pickup at an apple store and I could not place the order because it wouldn't let me. That is the only thing that stopped me from going to Apple. Probably was a good thing though when I think about it.
    I thought about that phone too. But I keep coming back to samsung. Iphone 7plus would be a great 2nd phone though
    03-10-2017 02:49 PM
    No, not really. In fact, I expect the Note 7 debacle to results in higher QA for the S8 because they can't afford another PR disaster.
    03-10-2017 02:59 PM
    S8 does not look appealing to me at all, i hope Note 8 would be better with larger battery at least 4200mah, for QHD 6.2 inch screen, 3500 is very low, heck 3500 is low enough for S7 Edge(which has 3600mah and it's ok but not great).
    03-11-2017 03:59 AM
    Folks,

I'm willing to give Samsung another chance, especially after hearing that an Apple phone recently suffered a similar fate recently. BUT I was wondering if anyone was a little hesitant to buy Samsung after the whole Note 7 affair? Now to be fair I DO appreciate their handling of it. They WERE open about it they DID to the right thing and recall the phone.

So what do you all think? Does Samsung get a pass? Are you just going to buy an S8? After all it's NOT the Note line? OR are you a little gun-shy? Are you going to take a wait and see? Or are you done with Samsung?

Discuss!
    I'm passing. One of the CEOs was arrested for bribery drama it was not only their phones that had battery problems with exploring. I'm now a days they're so concerned about catching up to Apple that it's causing them to be reckless with their product. For your android experience the pixel is better, and the iPhone is an excellent choice as well if you like iOS. Inshore phone operating system is paid by the same people that make the hardware is the best.
    03-11-2017 09:38 AM
    Nope, if it happens again Samsung can say goodbye as premium Android market leader. Wouldn't be bad if that happens but I'm pretty sure they will make sure that there is no repeat because they know the consequences if that repeats. But anyway I'm sure we will see few fake reports of S8 blowing up for news coverage, publicity etc from few people.
    03-11-2017 01:06 PM
    I have had all Samsung Galaxy phones since the GS3, skipping the GS5, and never had an issue. Therefore, I have no reason to hesitate.
    amyf27, CrisG and ol_jackburton like this.
    03-11-2017 02:24 PM
    PK, you're a fair man. The last Sammy i owned was the S3. It was a great phone, but it was hell to root. Sammy locks down their phones so tight, that they are impossible to root(at least the U.S. version). Just check out the amount of petitions on XDA-Dev. Now, i like the look of the S8, but for me, i would buy a European version with the Exynos chip. It will work with any U.S. carrier, and it's easily rooted. This way, i get the best of both worlds. Stay cool, brother.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-12-2017 09:20 AM
    Are rooting phones that necessary in 2017? I really haven't missed it in the past few years. Maybe it was more of a hobby back then to find a ROM with the most features that was stable. It's not really a necessity nowadays where I want to use the time to explore this any more. A few years back, you really couldn't even customize the look of your phone. Now, there's a ton of custom launchers and built in themes to boot. Most people just want a fully featured phone that just works, and the Samsung S and Note series do just that for me.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-12-2017 09:34 AM
    Yeah rooting used to be a must for me. Now, even though the S7 edge can be rooted. I wouldn't think of it. I would lose more useful things than I would gain.
    03-12-2017 09:40 AM
    It's not necessary, but it does give you more control over your phone. It's amazing what you can find when you "open up" your phone.
    03-12-2017 09:46 AM
    The S7 edge can't be rooted, unless it's the international model with the Exynos chipset.
    03-12-2017 09:48 AM
    I'm not buying one until I know they won't blow up. It's not that the batteries blew up, my problem is that Samsung told us they fixed the problem and they really didn't. I don't trust them anymore.
    This.
    03-12-2017 09:55 AM
    You do have a legitimate complaint, and I don't blame you one bit.
    03-12-2017 09:59 AM
    The S7 edge can't be rooted, unless it's the international model with the Exynos chipset.
    Wrong. Might want to make sure you're right before spreading misinformation.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xda-e...ndroid-nougat/
    jimd1050 and CrisG like this.
    03-12-2017 11:20 AM
    Wrong. Might want to make sure you're right before spreading misinformation.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xda-e...ndroid-nougat/
    I stand corrected. The last time i checked, it was semi-root and you couldn't flash any custom roms, but i guess chainfire got that sorted out. Thanks for the update.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-12-2017 11:56 AM
    I would still buy a Samsung device without a doubt. I actually think the newer devices should be more extensively tested and far less likely to run into issues. I also agree with others that other phones have issues, even if less severe, that don't always get as much publicity.

One of my friends with an Apple Iphone (I think an Iphone 5, but it was only about 1 year old or less than that) had his depleting battery as soon as it went off the charger, basically going completely dead immediately. He said even when it was plugged into the charger it would not charge. He was actually in a car accident, and luckily someone stopped and let him use their phone to call for help but otherwise his phone had died. So there are other very inconveniencing issues that can occur with phones. I know a phone catching fire is a huge issue, but again I feel Samsung will be extra cautious in preventing this now. I think you should actually be more concerned if you own a current S7 or S7 Edge. I own an S7 but am not too worried about it catching fire. There was actually an article recently about an S7 or Edge catching fire in my state but I'm not sure if it was found to be legitimate or not.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-13-2017 11:53 AM
    I would still buy a Samsung device without a doubt. I actually think the newer devices should be more extensively tested and far less likely to run into issues. I also agree with others that other phones have issues, even if less severe, that don't always get as much publicity.

One of my friends with an Apple Iphone (I think an Iphone 5, but it was only about 1 year old or less than that) had his depleting battery as soon as it went off the charger, basically going completely dead immediately. He said even when it was plugged into the charger it would not charge. He was actually in a car accident, and luckily someone stopped and let him use their phone to call for help but otherwise his phone had died. So there are other very inconveniencing issues that can occur with phones. I know a phone catching fire is a huge issue, but again I feel Samsung will be extra cautious in preventing this now. I think you should actually be more concerned if you own a current S7 or S7 Edge. I own an S7 but am not too worried about it catching fire. There was actually an article recently about an S7 or Edge catching fire in my state but I'm not sure if it was found to be legitimate or not.
    Any phone can catch fire or any Li-poly battery for that matter. In RC world we use bigger versions of these batteries and they actually reccomend charging in a flame resistant bag.
    amyf27, jimd1050 and CrisG like this.
    03-13-2017 08:10 PM
    Mistakes happen, Samsung owned up to the mistake and did what they did to try and prevent the issue from happening again. So no hesitation on the next round of Samsung devices for me.
    jimd1050 and amyf27 like this.
    03-13-2017 09:49 PM
    Has anyone seen the new commercial yet?

03-14-2017 10:47 AM
    Has anyone seen the new commercial yet?

I saw it on youtube a couple of weeks ago but it was on TV last night - I think during The Voice? Pretty cool!!!
    03-15-2017 12:27 PM
    Haven't seen it yet, but what's with the new Verizon commercial? What is the point of dropping a microphone? I don't get it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-15-2017 04:09 PM
    Haven't seen it yet, but what's with the new Verizon commercial? What is the point of dropping a microphone? I don't get it.
    ...worse yet, three microphones at what - $300.00 ea if they were real? I guess he's supposed to be acting out the "Boom" thing that's "in" these days!
    03-15-2017 04:17 PM
    ...worse yet, three microphones at what - $300.00 ea if they were real? I guess he's supposed to be acting out the "Boom" thing that's "in" these days!
    Yeah, mic drops are in, in the younger generation lol.
    jimd1050 and amyf27 like this.
    03-15-2017 07:35 PM
    Yeah, mic drops are in, in the younger generation lol.
    "Rappers" and other musicians the youth are in to are probably doing it, hence it's now a thing.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-17-2017 07:00 AM
75 123