Anyone a little gun-shy after the Note7 situation?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I think most people are a little concerned, but Samsung has already begun their long and extensive tests. If you look at their promo video, it shows them in the factory bending the phone and putting pressure on the phone hundreds of times to ensure durability.

https://youtu.be/Hkmp8SmtXSg

No matter what, I'm not pre-ordering and will only buy 1 mth later.

I have confidence in Samsung's testing, but can't be sure if some people might want to continue sabotaging the S8. Not difficult to make a phone's battery catch fire right?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No matter what, I'm not pre-ordering and will only buy 1 mth later.

I have confidence in Samsung's testing, but can't be sure if some people might want to continue sabotaging the S8. Not difficult to make a phone's battery catch fire right?
Even if they offer up free stuff for early purchasers? I still have a VR, a 256gb memory card and 2 usb-c chargers from the Note7 "fiasco".
Hopefully, they sweeten the pot to get people back to.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm gun shy now. Not about Samsung but about any phone (this could have happened to any phone). I will likely wait 30 days before buying new again.
I have a feeling the S8 models and especially the Note 8 are going to have some serious back orders

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a feeling the S8 models and especially the Note 8 are going to have some serious back orders

The Note 7 did but they didn't produce enough units because it usually is considered more of a niche device. However I don't think it will be as bad as iphones.

Why are iphones always on back order like 12 hours after ordering goes live? Then two months later all of a sudden everyone has them in stock? Is that something Apple does on purpose to drum up demand?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The Note 7 did but they didn't produce enough units because it usually is considered more of a niche device. However I don't think it will be as bad as iphones.

Why are iphones always on back order like 12 hours after ordering goes live? Then two months later all of a sudden everyone has them in stock? Is that something Apple does on purpose to drum up demand?
I'm sure the 10th anniversary iPhone will have a backlog

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the 10th anniversary iPhone will have a backlog

The 7 plus did like 4 hours after ordering started. That is the only thing that stopped me from order the 7 plus back in Oct when it went on sale. That very morning I went online to order it to pickup at an apple store and I could not place the order because it wouldn't let me. That is the only thing that stopped me from going to Apple. Probably was a good thing though when I think about it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The 7 plus did like 4 hours after ordering started. That is the only thing that stopped me from order the 7 plus back in Oct when it went on sale. That very morning I went online to order it to pickup at an apple store and I could not place the order because it wouldn't let me. That is the only thing that stopped me from going to Apple. Probably was a good thing though when I think about it.
I thought about that phone too. But I keep coming back to samsung. Iphone 7plus would be a great 2nd phone though

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
S8 does not look appealing to me at all, i hope Note 8 would be better with larger battery at least 4200mah, for QHD 6.2 inch screen, 3500 is very low, heck 3500 is low enough for S7 Edge(which has 3600mah and it's ok but not great).

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Folks,

I'm willing to give Samsung another chance, especially after hearing that an Apple phone recently suffered a similar fate recently. BUT I was wondering if anyone was a little hesitant to buy Samsung after the whole Note 7 affair? Now to be fair I DO appreciate their handling of it. They WERE open about it they DID to the right thing and recall the phone.

So what do you all think? Does Samsung get a pass? Are you just going to buy an S8? After all it's NOT the Note line? OR are you a little gun-shy? Are you going to take a wait and see? Or are you done with Samsung?

Discuss!

I'm passing. One of the CEOs was arrested for bribery drama it was not only their phones that had battery problems with exploring. I'm now a days they're so concerned about catching up to Apple that it's causing them to be reckless with their product. For your android experience the pixel is better, and the iPhone is an excellent choice as well if you like iOS. Inshore phone operating system is paid by the same people that make the hardware is the best.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nope, if it happens again Samsung can say goodbye as premium Android market leader. Wouldn't be bad if that happens but I'm pretty sure they will make sure that there is no repeat because they know the consequences if that repeats. But anyway I'm sure we will see few fake reports of S8 blowing up for news coverage, publicity etc from few people.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had all Samsung Galaxy phones since the GS3, skipping the GS5, and never had an issue. Therefore, I have no reason to hesitate.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
PK, you're a fair man. The last Sammy i owned was the S3. It was a great phone, but it was hell to root. Sammy locks down their phones so tight, that they are impossible to root(at least the U.S. version). Just check out the amount of petitions on XDA-Dev. Now, i like the look of the S8, but for me, i would buy a European version with the Exynos chip. It will work with any U.S. carrier, and it's easily rooted. This way, i get the best of both worlds. Stay cool, brother.:p

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Are rooting phones that necessary in 2017? I really haven't missed it in the past few years. Maybe it was more of a hobby back then to find a ROM with the most features that was stable. It's not really a necessity nowadays where I want to use the time to explore this any more. A few years back, you really couldn't even customize the look of your phone. Now, there's a ton of custom launchers and built in themes to boot. Most people just want a fully featured phone that just works, and the Samsung S and Note series do just that for me.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah rooting used to be a must for me. Now, even though the S7 edge can be rooted. I wouldn't think of it. I would lose more useful things than I would gain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos