Anyone a little gun-shy after the Note7 situation?

Emily 1

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I would still buy a Samsung device without a doubt. I actually think the newer devices should be more extensively tested and far less likely to run into issues. I also agree with others that other phones have issues, even if less severe, that don't always get as much publicity.

One of my friends with an Apple Iphone (I think an Iphone 5, but it was only about 1 year old or less than that) had his depleting battery as soon as it went off the charger, basically going completely dead immediately. He said even when it was plugged into the charger it would not charge. He was actually in a car accident, and luckily someone stopped and let him use their phone to call for help but otherwise his phone had died. So there are other very inconveniencing issues that can occur with phones. I know a phone catching fire is a huge issue, but again I feel Samsung will be extra cautious in preventing this now. I think you should actually be more concerned if you own a current S7 or S7 Edge. I own an S7 but am not too worried about it catching fire. There was actually an article recently about an S7 or Edge catching fire in my state but I'm not sure if it was found to be legitimate or not.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would still buy a Samsung device without a doubt. I actually think the newer devices should be more extensively tested and far less likely to run into issues. I also agree with others that other phones have issues, even if less severe, that don't always get as much publicity.

One of my friends with an Apple Iphone (I think an Iphone 5, but it was only about 1 year old or less than that) had his depleting battery as soon as it went off the charger, basically going completely dead immediately. He said even when it was plugged into the charger it would not charge. He was actually in a car accident, and luckily someone stopped and let him use their phone to call for help but otherwise his phone had died. So there are other very inconveniencing issues that can occur with phones. I know a phone catching fire is a huge issue, but again I feel Samsung will be extra cautious in preventing this now. I think you should actually be more concerned if you own a current S7 or S7 Edge. I own an S7 but am not too worried about it catching fire. There was actually an article recently about an S7 or Edge catching fire in my state but I'm not sure if it was found to be legitimate or not.

Any phone can catch fire or any Li-poly battery for that matter. In RC world we use bigger versions of these batteries and they actually reccomend charging in a flame resistant bag.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mistakes happen, Samsung owned up to the mistake and did what they did to try and prevent the issue from happening again. So no hesitation on the next round of Samsung devices for me.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen it yet, but what's with the new Verizon commercial? What is the point of dropping a microphone? I don't get it.:confused:

...worse yet, three microphones at what - $300.00 ea if they were real? I guess he's supposed to be acting out the "Boom" thing that's "in" these days!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
He's trying to portray Verizon as "king", top contender. Some may disagree with that.

AT&T FTW! :cool:

(The V_King's Arrogance made me leave them for AT&T after 23 years... although, that was two years ago, I believe they have finally changed their attitude some)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile FTW! They pretty much start ALL the industry trends in mobile these days, and they give us so much for free! On April 4th we are all getting free MLB.tv accounts (as we got last year) They've given free hulu in the past, and every tuesday we get cool stuff like free pizza, free movie rentals, AND movie's in the theaters, and LOT of other stuff!