Anyone a little gun-shy after the Note7 situation?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile FTW! They pretty much start ALL the industry trends in mobile these days, and they give us so much for free! On April 4th we are all getting free MLB.tv accounts (as we got last year) They've given free hulu in the past, and every tuesday we get cool stuff like free pizza, free movie rentals, AND movie's in the theaters, and LOT of other stuff!
My buddy on T-Mobile is going to give me the free MLB thing.. I would have been sad without it lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The stupid Verizon commercial may lose some customers for them. I was leaving anyway, but now i may leave even sooner. What a bunch of smug, pretentious s.o.b's.:p
Sprint copied the same commercial and drops it as well.. after they try and act like their Network is up to par and as if their prices are better (they fail to mention the rates hike up after a year) lol.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree. And unlike Apple that tries to blame all their issues on the user (you're holding it wrong/mishandling), Samsung was forthright with admitting fault and doing what they could to rectify the situation and make it right with those who purchased the phone.

Airstream25

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
No. Samsung cannot afford to have two disasters in a row. I am sure they are doing everything to make the S8 and future phone batteries safe.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm more gun shy of the UI having problems. My Note 7 finger print unlock worked maybe 50%, and this was after scanning in 3-4 separate profiles of my thumb. I have a much better success rate with the reader on my Nexus 6p, which thankfully I kept after buying the Note 7. Except if my finger is wet. Wet finger = no scan on the 6p.

The iris scanner on the N7 was also worthless for me. Apparently my eyes are too droopy, because I had maybe a 25% success rate using that. And yes, I rescanned my eyeballs at least 3 times and it still didn't work properly.

If there are QC issues and they have to recall the S8, big deal from my standpoint. I'm guessing we will get to keep the freebie item that comes with a preorder, and I can fall back to 6p again until something else comes along that I want. I sold the gear fit 2 that came with N7 on ebay for something like $90, which I felt was fair compensation for my inconvenience.

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
Nah, it wasn't totally Samsung's fault. I am impatiently waiting for the Note 8.
I hope they brand it as the Samsung Galaxy S8N - huge marketing potential there lol.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is being VERY proactive! Besides the commercials I recently got a survey on Google Rewards asking me about my opinion about Samsung. I have no doubt that they commissioned it! lol

Thomas Ferris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to purchase the Note 7 when the battery issue popped up so I waited for that to settle down but the phone was pulled. I have had a Note 3 since it came out and it is a wonderful phone. The only problem is no updates from Lollipop. I like what I see with the leaks for the S8. I have no fear about the battery on this one, Samsung will make sure it is good. I have had other Samsung devices and they all worked perfect.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I held out for quite a while on returning the n7, it was the best phone I've ever had, never got warm, battery lasted forever, phone was snappy, Verizon forced my hand with the dropping service from the network and I was forced back to my wife's old s5, I turned in my n5 for my n7, so I'm pretty bummed, this s5 is horrible and I wanted to wait for the n8, but I can't deal with this s5 all summer, probably going to get both phones

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
8-point battery safety check? Sounds good... But how many checks did the last battery go through? That would be nice information. Numbers are often misleading.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm more gun shy of the UI having problems. My Note 7 finger print unlock worked maybe 50%, and this was after scanning in 3-4 separate profiles of my thumb. I have a much better success rate with the reader on my Nexus 6p, which thankfully I kept after buying the Note 7. Except if my finger is wet. Wet finger = no scan on the 6p.

The iris scanner on the N7 was also worthless for me. Apparently my eyes are too droopy, because I had maybe a 25% success rate using that. And yes, I rescanned my eyeballs at least 3 times and it still didn't work properly.

I must say that my "Replacement" Note 7 gave me MUCH better results with BOTH Fingerprint and Iris Scanner than my "Original" unit did. I had no issues at all with either function with the second phone until AT&T (Samsung) recalled the damned thing! Just a bit of defense thrown in against your statement CincyGuy... it worked really well for me!

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I am getting my S8 or S8+ on release day. I think Samsung is testing the crap out of theses things to make sure there are no more battery issues. I am confident my phone will not blow up.