03-11-2017 09:56 PM
32 12
tools
    Yep. Everyone downplays everything until it comes out then it is the best thing ever. It is a big rotating circle that never ends on the forums.

Look at Assistant .. People laughed at it but now Google says coming to other phones and everyone is angry they don't have it now lol :P.
    LOL.
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-07-2017 06:09 PM
    Yep. Everyone downplays everything until it comes out then it is the best thing ever. It is a big rotating circle that never ends on the forums.

Look at Assistant .. People laughed at it but now Google says coming to other phones and everyone is angry they don't have it now lol :P.
    Lol I could care less about Assistant. I'll try it out, but I have a couple of Google homes and I not impressed. I wish I could have Alexa built into my phone. I would take that over Bixby.
    03-07-2017 11:04 PM
    I agree with this. I am very interested in how it performs. People can say that the S7 and S7E perform fine, but most people notice how much faster and smoother phones like the Pixel, OnePlus 3, Mate 9 and others are than the Galaxy phones. It is not even close in my opinion and makes it frustrating to use the S7 or S7E. If Samsung can achieve the speed and smooth operation of many of these other phones, I will be sold. If not, it will just be a S7E in a different form and I will likely pass and keep my (spare) S7. Battery life will also be very important with the new chipset.

True and in fact the S7E is not great at all, it does serve amazing screen amazing camera and ip68 with good battery life, but it's not fast at all, use oneplus pixel or my latest phone ,Mate 9 and you would see how sammy performance are crappy, mainly the DVFS thing that limits and throttles graphics and CPU performance on purpose(impossible to play tekken on sammy phone, Mate 9 runs tekken 6 with 60fps no tweaks).

Bloatware is also problematic, though u can disable a lot of it, and finally, each region gets updates in a different manner, so some of us barely get any update while others getting them faster.

All of those lead me to buy Mate 9 and i will skip the GS8 as it seems a little upgrade over S7E, but Note 8 could be a real star.
    03-08-2017 03:26 AM
    Samsung's TouchWiz is notorious for its laggy software. Hope they fixed that.
    03-08-2017 12:45 PM
    Since I own the Note 5 ATM, I am definitely upgrading. But what kind of an upgrade. I will wait for the launch, some initial deep reviews and then decide.
    03-09-2017 05:37 AM
    Depends on the hardware and how much time they invested in the software. Also samsung probably lost a sh*t load of money on the note 7 debacle and will probably up their marketing with will cost extra money as well.

Don't think it will be that much more in comparison to the s7 (launch price).
    I thought I read somewhere that they made good earnings that quarter. I may be wrong though.
    03-11-2017 09:46 PM
    Not this again. Every Frickin year. If you don't like it don't buy it. No point about something you know absolutely nothing about.
    03-11-2017 09:56 PM
32 12