Galaxy S8 Plus considered a tablet? Too big you think?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So at which point does a phablet crosses over to become a tablet? 6.2 inch or 6.5 inch or 7 inch? Do you guys think the S8 Plus will fit in your pocket comfortably? Or will you have to carry it by hand? Trying to see how it'll fit in my life, 5.7 inch is the maximum size that I'm willing to go for a phone.

C6BgcWjXMAADLDf.jpg

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So at which point does a phablet crosses over to become a tablet? 6.2 inch or 6.5 inch or 7 inch? Do you guys think the S8 Plus will fit in your pocket comfortably? Or will you have to carry it by hand? Trying to see how it'll fit in my life, 5.7 inch is the maximum size that I'm willing to go for a phone.

View attachment 253457

I can't wait for the S8+. Time will tell if it's too big but it looks like it will be the size of the iphone 7+ so I'm fine with it

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hell make it a 7in ill still pack it in my pocket, who wants a small phone when its time to watch movies or live tv on a tiny phone when ur on the go

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Hell make it a 7in ill still pack it in my pocket, who wants a small phone when its time to watch movies or live tv on a tiny phone when ur on the go
Nothing beats watching YouTube, Netflix or ummmmm " whatever " on a large resolution screen and I can simply drop my 6" plus size into my handbag

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Honestly even though it is 6.2" it is just barely bigger than the note 7 there, so it should be about the size of the iphone 7 plus. So fitting in pockets shouldn't be an issue, but there is still the issue of "reachability". Even though bezels are shrinking, the screens are still getting bigger so getting to the top of the phone is probably out of the question with one hand.

I think I just need to accept that one handed phones are pretty much a dying breed and I'll be able to move on.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It's funny to think that the Galaxy S8+ has the same screen size as the brand new Nintendo Switch. But I have to keep reminding myself that the Galaxy S8 has no bezels which makes it a lot smaller :D

So I guess it's safe to say, the Galaxy S8+ is a small tablet at this stage.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It's funny to think that the Galaxy S8+ has the same screen size as the brand new Nintendo Switch. But I have to keep reminding myself that the Galaxy S8 has no bezels which makes it a lot smaller :D

So I guess it's safe to say, the Galaxy S8+ is a small tablet at this stage.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

I'm getting the s8 plus! Only thing is with no bezels is that you will want a really thick case because then you will be covering the sides of the screen when using the phone which could interfere with viewing of the screen.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd be fine with it... Right now I'm on an LG V20, which is OK but I could see going bigger... I keep my phone in my backpack when I'm on the go anyway, never in my pocket so it wouldn't be a problem if it was a little bigger. I think 6" is definitely approaching tablet territory. That's just not a problem in my mind... I'm considering this phone as my next upgrade. :)

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Note 7 size was fine. I will be getting the S8 Plus! I personally like the Note 7 design better. Still mad over it because if I had the Note 7 I would NOT be getting the 8 Plus and be waiting for the Note 8 :(

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 size was fine. I will be getting the S8 Plus! I personally like the Note 7 design better. Still mad over it because if I had the Note 7 I would NOT be getting the 8 Plus and be waiting for the Note 8 :(

Honestly I keep hoping they will finally release that magical "refurb note 7" and I will just import one here. lol

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't get why everyone is freaking out about the size. It's just a tad bigger than the note7. It'll fit in your pocket comfortably. Trust me.