Galaxy S8 Plus considered a tablet? Too big you think?

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I love bigger screens. The extra real estate is great for my eyes. I can see so much more. I think 6.2 is pretty much my sweet spot. I could go 6.5, but not much bigger as it would start to get hard to carry it around. As has been mentioned in many articles, the fact that the bezels are so much smaller, the total size of the phone will not much bigger at all. I am digging this phone...

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I love bigger screens. The extra real estate is great for my eyes. I can see so much more. I think 6.2 is pretty much my sweet spot. I could go 6.5, but not much bigger as it would start to get hard to carry it around. As has been mentioned in many articles, the fact that the bezels are so much smaller, the total size of the phone will not much bigger at all. I am digging this phone...

Yeah. Six inches to 6.2 seems to be right. I have a iPhone 6s Plus and the size of the phone is about right. Not to big in my hands and I can still fit it comfortably in my pocket. I plan on switching (back) to Samsung with the S8 Plus. The overall size of the device isn't much bigger than my 6s Plus, yet I get more screen real estate.

I don't think there is an actual size that is considered a phablet vice tablet. However, I believe that once you get over 6.4" or so, then yes, it isn't a phone or phablet anymore.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to see what this 6.2" screen is actually like with the taller aspect ratio. That's a big number diagonally, but with the narrower shape it may not be much more of an immersive experience than say a 5.7" device. Holding it vertically or horizontally, it'll cover less of your field of vision than a phone with a 6.2" screen at 16:9.

Kind of reminds of when Apple brought out the iPhone 5 and said "People have been looking for a bigger screen, but you don't want bigger. You want TALLER... Eh?... Eh??"

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to see what this 6.2" screen is actually like with the taller aspect ratio. That's a big number diagonally, but with the narrower shape it may not be much more of an immersive experience than say a 5.7" device. Holding it vertically or horizontally, it'll cover less of your field of vision than a phone with a 6.2" screen at 16:9.

Kind of reminds of when Apple brought out the iPhone 5 and said "People have been looking for a bigger screen, but you don't want bigger. You want TALLER... Eh?... Eh??"

New article out this morning showing new images. Looking like a really nice device.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
It might be too large for one handed use, but I don't mind having to use both hands to get the larger screen. Plus, it'll have the triple click if you really need to use one hand sometimes. Having 6.2 inches for everyday use will be amazing.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
6.2 is great for me. I am having to use reading glasses now due to age. The more screen the more I can read... works well for me. I can't imagine it be to much bigger than my S7E so I think it will be just right...

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
So at which point does a phablet crosses over to become a tablet? 6.2 inch or 6.5 inch or 7 inch? Do you guys think the S8 Plus will fit in your pocket comfortably? Or will you have to carry it by hand? Trying to see how it'll fit in my life, 5.7 inch is the maximum size that I'm willing to go for a phone.

View attachment 253457

With such big screen estate to phone ratio devices coming out, I dun think you can define phablet or tablet just purely based on the screen size anymore.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Is the 6.2 inch screen reported on the S8 plus rumored or true?

Asking because I find that hard to believe. I would think Samsung would leave that for the note 8 if they were really going to do a 6.2 screen.

Personally I think Samsung should just drop the note and do s8 and s8 plus which is the note version, but I suppose they want the note to keep releasing around the iPhone launch time frame.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It's only slightly bigger than the Note 7 and iPhone 7 plus (according to all the leaks) and I was fine with both so I don't see it as being "tablet" big.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes I would love the S8+ even more if it had an S-Pen, then I guess it would be called the Note 8, lol. I'll take one, hahaha

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Its like a TV
you get a 13" , you then want a 19", you then get a 21"
Then a 32", then a 42", then a 55" , then a 65" , then a 70".

The bigger the better.

Phones don't belong in your pocket. They belong in a case on yer side.
Phones need to more than double so the people that stick them in their pockets can see what happens when they break them from having them in their pocket.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have to......

That's what she said :)
ea65204102895853c76a04672265a37e.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member