pre order or pick up in store?

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
For those who pre ordered, did you get the phone before it was available or on the actual day? I went into Verizon the past three years for the s 7, 6 & 5......all on the day they came out. I am thinking about pre ordering.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Usually, lately, the day before if anything. It beats waiting in line at the stores and dealing with incompetent employees.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how Verizon does it but Sprint, if you pre order online you usually get the phone a few days earlier than the release date.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
In watching the Note7 pre-order threads here, I don't think many people received theirs more than 1 day before street. Samsung has been keeping them in check more recently to avoid early deliveries.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
In watching the Note7 pre-order threads here, I don't think many people received theirs more than 1 day before street. Samsung has been keeping them in check more recently to avoid early deliveries.

Yea, we were all going nuts about that even watching flight times it was bad. I think I will sit it out and just wait a couple weeks and waltz into the store to buy one. Make sure nothing wrong with it this time and in case I need to exchange it if there is something wrong.

If you read my many posts about the Note 7 return fiasco you will see what I mean. How it took months to get a refund for my pre ordered phone. It was so bad it got to the point I was ready to go to the media and contact my states attorney general.

I might pre order it, don't know but the Note 7 pre order to return ordeal was just too much for me and I only got it one day earlier.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pre order so that there is a chance you get the phone earlier than release date, worst case on release day assuming you preorder well in advance. Also, prevents going to the store and taking to the cluless reps and they pushing you to buy additional accessories and what not. They have zero idea on any device so they are more irritating and pushy than being of any help. If the device is already released then may be​ walk into the store and get the phone since ordering online and ship may take couple of days.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
One of the big advantages of ordering online (for me) is to keep the store employees hands off my phone. Another plus is not having to interact directly with puny humans :)

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
One of the big advantages of ordering online (for me) is to keep the store employees hands off my phone. Another plus is not having to interact directly with puny humans :)
Why I love my guys at my local store ........ when I come in to pick up a new phone they all know little ole moi

They'll come out with the box and leave me all alone in the corner of the store to " unbox and open it " all by myself and at my leisure too.

No one touches my brand spanking new phone but me haaaa !!! The guys are readily available should I need them but I've always managed to take care of all my needs myself

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think I just may pre-order the Note 8.. Still have to see what it's all about when it actually gets announced

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Pre-order for a few reasons. You usually get it a day ahead of release, don't have to wait in line and you have a few days with your old phone and new one to make sure everything gets transferred over correctly and decide if you want to keep the new one or not.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
From my past experience with preordering 4 phones in recent years ia not unnecessarily the carriers but this forum itself haaaa !?!

Preordering and then browsing thru these forums where the " preorder " threads start popping up and then reading folks getting tracking numbers despite preordering after others have ....... talk about drama and stress haaaa !??!

If you do plan on preordering then do youurself a huge favor ...... preorder and then so not , not visit the forums or you'll go crazy !!!

I'll just walk into my local store and grab one on release day which is what I did with the Note 7 and it went smooth. Good luck everyone !!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Not sure on the S8. Have to see what the S8Plus offers. Comparing it's real specs with my 7edge on the announcement day 3/29

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Thinking about it now if the prices are really high and it causes pre orders to be slow and slow sales to start then maybe they will lower the price of the S8 like LG does. It's another reason why I'm considering holding out for a bit. If it is over $900 for the s8 Plus then might be wise to wait and see how sales go.

I just can't believe the Note 7 which has more technology in it cost $850 and the s8 Plus might be near $970 and doesn't include Spen technology. You know cost of the materials didn't go up that much.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Kinda my thoughts too. I want to see both models side by side to choose which one i would want.
My S7 edge is running pretty smooth on Nougat right now as well.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my preordered S7 edge a day before official launch day last year (on a Thursday, I believe and launch was on a Friday). If Verizon decides to follow the same trend this year, I hope to get it a day or two before official launch day.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Why I love my guys at my local store ........ when I come in to pick up a new phone they all know little ole moi

They'll come out with the box and leave me all alone in the corner of the store to " unbox and open it " all by myself and at my leisure too.

No one touches my brand spanking new phone but me haaaa !!! The guys are readily available should I need them but I've always managed to take care of all my needs myself
Not everyone gets the royal treatment lol.

I'm definitely going to pre-order, I just haven't decided where from. If Best Buy is giving you whatever freebies come with it to you instantly, I may have to go with them. Otherwise I'll probably go with Verizon online. I'm not a fan of the stores. Often times the reps know less than me and if I run into a problem, it gets annoying having to explain to them what they need to do.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Not everyone gets the royal treatment lol.
51fccdb60689a045791b2f6d2db15b35.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance