pre order or pick up in store?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I say order at the store if you live near one and their reliable employees. Otherwise you're better off ordering online and getting bonuses.

cjtayaban

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I know how exciting it would be to have the latest flagship from Samsung but isn't it practical to buy from a physical store? From that, you can have a test and feel of the phone before you buy it just to make sure that you really want to have an S8 or not.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I know how exciting it would be to have the latest flagship from Samsung but isn't it practical to buy from a physical store? From that, you can have a test and feel of the phone before you buy it just to make sure that you really want to have an S8 or not.

You don't have to pre-order online. You can go to a store an do it. Best Buy usually has them out on display a week or two before public release if you want to play with the phones. I think that's what I'm going to do.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You don't have to pre-order online. You can go to a store an do it. Best Buy usually has them out on display a week or two before public release if you want to play with the phones. I think that's what I'm going to do.
When the Note 7 came out, Best Buy had a dedicated Samsung guy that had a fully featured note 7 we were able to play with

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am going to shop around for prices first. And promo's second. So how much will the phone actually cost and what will you get with it. Pair those two and see what the best deal is for me and my needs. Best Buy usually has the best promo's. Let's see what happens this year...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am going to shop around for prices first. And promo's second. So how much will the phone actually cost and what will you get with it. Pair those two and see what the best deal is for me and my needs. Best Buy usually has the best promo's. Let's see what happens this year...
For me though I can't go through Best Buy as I'm with T-Mobile. They still typically have decent deals and are very flexible with payment plans and payoff options, promos

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
For me though I can't go through Best Buy as I'm with T-Mobile. They still typically have decent deals and are very flexible with payment plans and payoff options, promos

I understand. I am with ATT. I would really like to just buy it outright unlocked. I wonder if that will be an option at launch. If not I guess I will have to go with the ATT version...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I understand. I am with ATT. I would really like to just buy it outright unlocked. I wonder if that will be an option at launch. If not I guess I will have to go with the ATT version...
Unlocked at launch...would think buying outright would be $$

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
With all the promos they offer it makes sense to me to preorder. I got a free Gear S2 last year with my s7edge preorder. I'm hoping they do the watches again

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
With all the promos they offer it makes sense to me to preorder. I got a free Gear S2 last year with my s7edge preorder. I'm hoping they do the watches again
Do you happen to have watch now? I have a gear S2 that I just ended up getting separately several months ago and enjoy it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I always did the pre-order every time I could. Gets delivered to my doorstep with ease -- no battling traffic and people in the store.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to have watch now? I have a gear S2 that I just ended up getting separately several months ago and enjoy it

I got a Gear S2 last year free when I got my S7E at ATT. I love it until the S3 came out. I got it because now I can use my watch to pay on Samsung Pay. I don't have to take my wallet or phone out. It is awesome!!!!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't need to test it or feel it. I already know I'm gonna buy it.