Anyone looking forward to Bluetooth 5.0? The snapdragon 835 should support it so I'm hopeful that Samsung includes it. I think Sony is including it in the XZ premium with the same chipset. I feel like these are the type of things that will be better with having an improved processor that most people don't think about when saying, oh the SD821 is fine.
    03-09-2017 10:49 AM
    I'm certainly looking forward to it. For most of us here who love tech. We know how much of a huge improvement it is and going forward, its a nice addition to have on the phone. 50 Mbit/s transfer speed is very cool, especially when you are trying to transfer a video fie more than 50 mega btyes.

For the average person buying the device, they just look to see if the phone has blue-tooth or not. Whether it's 4.0 / 4.1,4.2 or 5.0 it's of no real importance to them unfortuntely.
    03-09-2017 11:32 AM
    Anyone looking forward to Bluetooth 5.0? The snapdragon 835 should support it so I'm hopeful that Samsung includes it. I think Sony is including it in the XZ premium with the same chipset. I feel like these are the type of things that will be better with having an improved processor that most people don't think about when saying, oh the SD821 is fine.
    Off topic but I have never seen someone with a Sony phone.
    03-09-2017 04:49 PM
    Off topic but I have never seen someone with a Sony phone.
    Me either. I don't know how they're still going in the phone industry honestly because their strategy is terrible.
    03-09-2017 04:51 PM
    I'm certainly looking forward to it. For most of us here who love tech. We know how much of a huge improvement it is and going forward, its a nice addition to have on the phone. 50 Mbit/s transfer speed is very cool, especially when you are trying to transfer a video fie more than 50 mega btyes.

For the average person buying the device, they just look to see if the phone has blue-tooth or not. Whether it's 4.0 / 4.1,4.2 or 5.0 it's of no real importance to them unfortuntely.
    Yeah I agree that most people have no clue. I'm really looking forward to the improved range. Got to love when new standards come out.
    Matty likes this.
    03-09-2017 04:53 PM
    Yeah I agree that most people have no clue. I'm really looking forward to the improved range. Got to love when new standards come out.
    Oh i forgot about that!, i read somewhere that it could potentially go up to 800 feet! Thats crazy! So awesome. Now it makes my bluetooth 4.0 device look ancient with its poultry 200 feet haha.
    03-09-2017 11:36 PM