For those buying the S8, how long are you going to keep it?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I admit, I'm one of those people that upgrade almost every year! I end up selling my phone and buying the latest and greatest after at least a year (or sooner). The longest I've kept a smartphone for was about a little over a year (Galaxy S4, a great phone, got bored of it after a while). Before smartphones, I had a little Motorola C168i that I used for many years, a fantastic little phone! I just seem to want a smartphone that can meet all of my expectations.

Which phone are you upgrading from? How long do you plan to keep the S8? Are you planning to buy the S9 next year?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'll grab the S8 Plus when it's released late next month however I know this is how I'll feel once Samsung announces the Note 8 later this year ugh ?!?!?
15dd87db20d98954b8889a7aa0859a2d.gif

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I plan to keep it at least 3+ years. I'm over the 2 year cycle of phone replacement.

I got my GS6 on launch and would be use it for another year if I hadn't dropped it and cracked the screen a few months ago (when I say cracked, I mean destroyed such that the phone was literally a paperweight). I had the screen/lcd replaced but I'm having enough issues that weren't there before that I'll have to get a new phone soon.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
when i bought the note7 i was ready to settle in and keep that phone for 3+ years (we all know how that turned out). so here i am waiting for the S8+, i see no reason why i will not hang on this for at least 3 years.
i am currently back to using an old 5s

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here. The Note 7 was likely to be the first phone I kept for a few years. I'll wait for the Note 8. My V20 is actually a great phone.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
when i bought the note7 i was ready to settle in and keep that phone for 3+ years (we all know how that turned out). so here i am waiting for the S8+, i see no reason why i will not hang on this for at least 3 years.
i am currently back to using an old 5s

Why did you buy an iPhone in the first place?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The longest I've kept a smartphone for was about a little over a year (Galaxy S4, a great phone, got bored of it after a while).

Its funny that my sister is STILL using that as her daily driver and is very eager to upgrade to the Galaxy S8. It's been a long 4 years and its definitely time. :D She normally keeps her phones for about 3 years before upgrading but she had a couple unexpected bills last year which meant no upgrading just yet. There might be tears of joy when she opens the box!

Kontos

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm hoping at least 3-4 years. This will be the first time I've upgraded my phone after just 1 year (currently have S7 Edge) only because the carrier I switched to requires Band 66 for LTE which the S7 does not support.

I'm trying to go through these leaked specs but currently don't see if its going to have a removable battery or not. Anyone have any guesses?

jhonnieblue

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm hoping if i do get this to keep it for 2 yrs.
normally i cycle through phones quickly (only because i destroy them somehow)
currently on a iPhone 6s which has lasted me since launch day with no issues
wanna switch back to android tho

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome