I was looking around earlier, for something I may like to use as a new main phone, but definitely a Samsung. I like the smaller screens. I have small hands. I know you can squish the keyboards to one side or the other, but problem is that I'm somewhat of an ambidextrous swipe texter. I don't want to have to switch sides every time I switch hands.

I also would very much like a removable battery. I alternate between a couple of batteries. But not only that, being able to do a battery pull when things get a bit wonky as a soft reset.

The newest Samsung mini that actually came to be is the s5 mini. I've read rumors of an s7 mini, and then about the cancelation of said s7 mini. The A3 was recommended when i looked up s6 mini to see if it existed, but it doesn't have even a removable back let alone battery.

I've looked up if there are ways to improve ram on my captivate glide, but it looks like it would use your sd card and also read something about the computer not being able to detect it any more, or something.

It's on 4.0.4 but the play store thinks it's on 5.1.1. I'm a fan of the touchwiz interface (I know, I'm one of like 3 people total), and especially enjoy the smaller compact toggles in the notifications drawer. Standard android looks hideous to me and at least the version I played with you couldn't even so much as change the notification and ringtone volumes separately. Too basic for my liking. To compare s5 mini to my captivate glide, seems to even worth the upgrade. Only half gig more ram, same camera quality. Same specs even as s4 mini except the screen on the s4 is a tiny bit smaller.

Should I hold out for hope of an s8 mini?
    03-12-2017 11:28 PM
    You never said if you needed a flagship device or not? If not, there are tons of phones out there to choose from in many shapes, sizes and price points.
    If you must have a removable battery, Samsung may not be on your list.
    03-13-2017 05:29 AM
    So, why is Samsung stopping removable battery? I'm not the only one I know of who likes to swap, or buy the extended battery door

But yes I'd much prefer the Samsung, but with the smaller screen. It doesn't have to be "flagship" as long as it's at least better than my phone now. Many of the smaller screen ones I was able to find sticking with Samsung either had an even worse camera then I do now, or even less ram or storage, or I remember one being both. Although they came out as recently as last year and mine is a 2012.

Mine was considered to be higher end of the mid range for its time. But it almost seems like mine was stellar for its time if that's still all Samsung is able to fit into a smaller casing. At least taking the rumored canceled s7 mini out of the mix. Im guessing they canceled on s7 mini since s5 mini probably didn't sell well since it's basically still an s4 mini so nobody upgraded. Lol. Wish they would have considered that before canceling it.
    03-14-2017 03:35 AM
    I have 2 phones: an LG V20 as my daily driver and a Moto E 2nd gen as my secondary phone that I use for music mostly when I'm at the gym (easier to text one handed when I'm working out). I highly recommend the Moto E 2nd Gen; the battery life is STELLAR! It lasts 3 days or more. The camera is pretty good, comparable to an iPhone 5 (no flash however). It has a quad core and 1GB of RAM which is good enough. Perfect size at 4.5 inches with an IPS display. Plus I only paid $30 bucks for it brand new. I like switching between my big phone and small one, sometimes it's better to text on a small phone, but watching videos and reading isn't so great.
    03-14-2017 12:47 PM